EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Can you find your house using Windows Live Map?

Everything IT: computers, software, internet

Moderators: Vega, Dixie

Postby Hardi » Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:22 pm

I don't get what this google earth thinking. My house is still too unclear. Yet if I move about 5 Km north out of town in map, then there are all forests and fields nicely clear. Though there are some clouds disturbing view.. shouldn't they first add clean pictures about towns? I live in a town that is second size in Estonia.. the biggest is capital with population 430000 people, that one they are made clear, but seems that 105000 people isn't enough to them. Instead they chose some forest and farms.. yeah probably those forest have big population of mosquitoes.. but the image is still unclear to see them.

I think they should try harder to impress me.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:07 pm

You're absolutely right, Hardi. My town has not been clear until now.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby MissLT » Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:39 pm

Dixie wrote:Well Google Earth has been updated and now my house is perfectly visible, but not on Google Maps...

Picture? :wink:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:16 pm

Hardi wrote:I don't get what this google earth thinking. My house is still too unclear. Yet if I move about 5 Km north out of town in map, then there are all forests and fields nicely clear. Though there are some clouds disturbing view.. shouldn't they first add clean pictures about towns? I live in a town that is second size in Estonia.. the biggest is capital with population 430000 people, that one they are made clear, but seems that 105000 people isn't enough to them. Instead they chose some forest and farms.. yeah probably those forest have big population of mosquitoes.. but the image is still unclear to see them.

I think they should try harder to impress me.

:lol: It seems like they're doing a Mickey Mouse job on your town.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Hardi » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:23 pm

Mickey mouse Job? What's that? By the way I think I had also a little chance to be 100 000's person in my town. Since I born in same year when the town got that population first time. So you see the town haven't grown much after that. Actually it dwindle a lot on 90
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:30 pm

"Mickey Mouse" is a slang expression used as a diminutive adjective and adverb meaning small-time, amateurish or of inferior quality. A poorly executed construction project, for instance, could be pejoratively described as a "Mickey Mouse job". Presumably, this comes from the insinuation that the object or action in question was taken as seriously as a Mickey Mouse cartoon (that is to say, not at all). The term does not imply any actual connection to Mickey.

An alternative theory comes from the fact that Mickey Mouse watches were notorious for breaking down.
(copied)
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:42 pm

LennyeTran wrote:Picture? :wink:

If you have Google Earth I will send you an email with a picture.
Dixie

Postby MissLT » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:28 pm

:? I need Google Earth to view the email?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:05 am

LennyeTran wrote::? I need Google Earth to view the email?

Yes because it will automatically open your Google Earth and bring you to my house :D
Dixie

Postby MissLT » Sun Jul 08, 2007 2:30 pm

Ok, I will, then. Give me some time. I'll do it on maybe Wednesday since I will be busy from today up to Wednesday. :wink:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

PreviousNext

Return to Information Technology