EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Blackle

Everything IT: computers, software, internet

Moderators: Vega, Dixie

Blackle

Postby Dixie » Sat Nov 10, 2007 1:09 pm

I just found out about blackle, a search engine by Google.

From Wikipedia:

The principle behind Blackle is based on the fact that the display of different colours consumes different amounts of energy on computer monitors.

It's like Google but the background is black. I tried it and think it's really interesting :shock:
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Re: Blackle

Postby Bambang » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:27 pm

Dixie wrote:I just found out about blackle, a search engine by Google.

From Wikipedia:

The principle behind Blackle is based on the fact that the display of different colours consumes different amounts of energy on computer monitors.

It's like Google but the background is black. I tried it and think it's really interesting :shock:

I have tried it, Dixie. I prefer using Google though. Google with its color background looks clearer to me.
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Hardi » Sat Nov 10, 2007 2:29 pm

I knew this already long time, but I don't think it would have any effect to my LCD. It consumers always about ~30W. It's the difference of principle how they work's.

BTW. A regular Computer's CRT monitor also takes more power than a regular CRT tv. set. Even though, a average tv. set have bigger screen.. but it's because monitor have higher resolution and refresh rate.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Blackle

Postby gladys » Thu May 15, 2014 8:20 am

It look's like that this search engine was not very popular cause when i am having a problem about my job before on IT project management at http://midagon.fi/ i always looks some answer in any kind of search engine such as ,yahoo ,ask and google.
gladys

Return to Information Technology