EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Blog/website advice needed

Everything IT: computers, software, internet

Moderators: Vega, Dixie

Blog/website advice needed

Postby MsJen&Co » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:30 am

Hi EC community,

I'm thinking of starting a blog for my English teaching. At the moment I don't teach in a school but I have several private students and I'm starting to think of having a website or a blog to put up topics and some resources. I usually send them links of a bunch of other sites for them to referr to and now I'm thinking that having my own would be a good idea. That way they can reference what I've taught them on my site/blog when they go home instead of having to search through all kinds of links to find what they need.

I've done some homework and I'm not quite sure what is better, a blog or a site? For time sake, I need something that's easy to use and offers simple setup, but I'd also like it to be professional looking. I'll try to add some media to it, too so it's not all text for the students to look at.

I'm thinking of doing more of a website and it doesn't look too hard. I think I already have a domain name sorted and am looking for a good host and templates. In my research I've come across 1and1 (here if you want to see what I'm talking about http://website.1and1.com/free-website-builder) because they have hosting, web builder, and good ratings. Has anyone used them? Alternatively, what are some other ways to make this blog or site happen. I'm pretty set on doing one now and I think it can be a great additional resource for the kids. Plus, it would be so much easier for me to have everything all in one place.

Thanks for the help.
MsJen&Co

Re: Blog/website advice needed

Postby nicholasj » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:39 am

Hey,

If you want an easy to and setup and use website, then I suggest you try out Wordpress Free version. It is very easy to use and there are many free templates of web design. There is almost nothing to setup with Wordpress. If you like the Wordpress, then you can buy the domain and implement Wordpress plugin, but that thing might need some expert's help. If you want to avoid spending any money, then free Wordpress would be enough for you. I hope I was helpful.
nicholasj

Return to Information Technology