Questions about 'keeping a vocabulary book '

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

llbllb

Questions about 'keeping a vocabulary book '

Post by llbllb »

after reading some advices on reading English by Mr. Josef,i have several questions about ' keeping a vocabulary book':

1.is it necessary to write down all the meanings of the new word for
the same time?
2.is it important to write down some phrases and sentences as well?
3.after i wrote many words on many pages ,i find it was a mess of
words ,and i can't find some words which are in early pages ,when i refer to them.is it necessary to make an order?

cheers! {-;
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Questions about 'keeping a vocabulary book '

Post by Tora »

I suppose sooner or later you'll be given a good advice here by Teachers of English, but as far as I'm already here I'll try to help you (as a learner myself) ;-)

I find it's important to write down phrases and sentences, because revising them everytime you work with vocabulary you expand your knowledge by remembering typical forms you can come across in papers, books, speeches and afterwards use them in your essays, compositions. Of course it shouldn't be a long list, I put down common phrases, 2-4 examples are enough for me. and of course Ordnung muss sein There must be an order :mrgreen:
llbllb

Re: Questions about 'keeping a vocabulary book '

Post by llbllb »

Tora wrote:I suppose sooner or later you'll be given a good advice here by Teachers of English, but as far as I'm already here I'll try to help you (as a learner myself) ;-)

I find it's important to write down phrases and sentences, because revising them everytime you work with vocabulary you expand your knowledge by remembering typical forms you can come across in papers, books, speeches and afterwards use them in your essays, compositions. Of course it shouldn't be a long list, I put down common phrases, 2-4 examples are enough for me. and of course Ordnung muss sein There must be an order :mrgreen:
Thank you very much for your advises!
Well, maybe you"re right. Because I was just confusing about it: my Chinese teachers advised me as you said, whereas, my British teacher said there was no need to do so. :lol:
Thank you for your kindness!