What are the most important qualities of a leader?

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

mywill

What are the most important qualities of a leader?

Post by mywill »

The best leaders are not those who seek power or have great political skill. Great leaders—and these are exceptionally rare, especially today—represent the best selves of the people they represent.
Assignment: What are the most important qualities of a leader?

The seemingly easy question of “ what does the most vital qualities of a leader” has been the fodder of the debate and controversy. However, we cannot make a conclusion about any individual’s view wrong or right; in fact, I suppose an outstanding leader should possess remarkable personalities.
Virtue is one of the most notable traits for a leader to learn. Chinese often say “ to learn virtue means to train yourself”. Nowadays, peace is spread over the sky and war can be diminished at any rate. To defense then to build are the one of the triumphant strategies in the peace time. Ever since the chaos of our world have been settled down, a good leader should learn to be virtuous or make it applied to any situation. To love humanity is to love ourselves but to kill them off means to deplore the root of life. The role of virtue has penetrated deeply into many nations, especially Vietnam.
More to the point, to be virtuous cannot make a whole thing of leader, to be skilled at communication and negotiation is indeed notable, especially in a peaceful destiny. After the second World War , humans have been haunted by the scene of death and explosion and the thought of war to be raised nowadays is always refuted or negatively considered. In fact, a good leader has to know how to get the conflict among nations at a safe level by negotiating. We believe that to talk and persuade strike out to be at war. If any leader is successful at this stage, that is really a good news. Besides , international communication plays a big function in maintaining friendship and tranquility. We can do the same way as we do to our friends, our relatives. This strategy is called “angel in peace”. Since to hold a relationship for a long term is somewhat harder than to fight at the battle.
Overall, there are many other traits a leader should learn but I suppose these two since they are practical and useful at this time. I know a leader has to bear the burden of his or her country and to push them learn something more is quite hard but, to think deeply, if they learn to become better, the burden will be weighed less.

Above is my SAT practice essay. Please feel free to give me your advice. I am sorry but I am newbie here, so if my post is not apt here, please tell me which room I can post my essay for correction.
Thanks for all
sweethuman
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: What are the most important qualities of a leader?

Post by sweethuman »

You should have posted your post in IDEAS & OPINIONS section.

Thanks,
SH
TheStephen

Re: What are the most important qualities of a leader?

Post by TheStephen »

Do you want this corrected or critiqued for style at all?