hi this is an article which i wrote :) Please review.

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

raaghav

hi this is an article which i wrote :) Please review.

Post by raaghav »

Is Pulchritude enough ?

"Beauty lies in the the eyes of the beholder " A statement very often used when some one fails to acknowledge the beauty as they expected . Well in my opinion it is in fact true that beauty indeed lies in the eyes of the beholder.Is Britney Spears beautiful ? Many would believe she is but some may not.When we talk about beauty, is it only about what strikes our eyes or do we really bother about the inner beauty.The word beauty I feel comprises of a mix both inner and outer beauty. It is quite surprising yet true that many women who have outer beauty do not necessarily have inner beauty. Just mere pulchritude doesn't solely attribute to beauty.

Many such incidents have taken place where good looking women tend to actually have the bad character and are not in accord with the virtues.This clearly reinstates the fact that beauty cannot be judged only by the outer appearance but rather also requires the persons inner beauty to be considered as well.

I would like to conclude with a question ; Beauty lies in the beholder ,but are we really exercising this efficacy wisely ?

Please proofread and mention the required correction/changes if any.
EnglishFix

Re: hi this is an article which i wrote :) Please review.

Post by EnglishFix »

Is Pulchritude enough ?

"Beauty lies in the the eyes of the beholder." This is a statement very often used when someone fails to acknowledge the beauty that they expected. Well, in my opinion, it is in fact true that beauty indeed lies in the eyes of the beholder. Is Britney Spears beautiful ? Many would believe she is but some may not. When we talk about beauty, is it only about what strikes our eyes or do we really bother about the inner beauty? The word beauty, I feel, comprises a mix both inner and outer beauty. It is quite surprising yet true that many women who have outer beauty do not necessarily have inner beauty. Just mere pulchritude is not solely an attribute of beauty.

Many such incidents have taken place where good looking women tend to actually have a bad character and are not in accord with virtue. This clearly reinstates the fact that beauty cannot be judged only by the outer appearance but rather also requires the persons inner beauty to be considered as well.

I would like to conclude with a question. Beauty lies in the beholder but are we really exercising this efficacy wisely?