EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Cover letter for a summer job

From academic writing to resumes and cover letters

Moderator: EC

Cover letter for a summer job

Postby jeremyri » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi everyone,

I wrote a cover letter to find a job in London, I would like to know if I have mistakes. I'm a french so sorry for my english.

Dear Sir or Madam

I am a student at an engineering school in Paris, in France and I am looking for a summer job. I will be available from July to September 2014. I am very interested to work in team and I can learn quickly in addition I have a strong adaptability in any situation. While working at the fast food company in France, I developed my customer service skills and I am convinced that working for you, should be the opportunity to improve my knowledges in this field.

I am very motivated to work and I have the conviction that international mobility is the best way to succeed in my personal and professional lives.

Finally, it should be the opportunity to practice foreign languages too. I have an intermediate English level and I am totally open learning more.

I thank you in advance, for your interest and the time you have spent looking at my resume. I look forward to hearing from you very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Thank you to help me :)
jeremyri

Re: Cover letter for a summer job

Postby solzen » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:37 pm

I think you did a great job :-) Not all of the red are mistakes, some are suggestions to make it more simple and natural. I suggest you say specifically why you want to work at this company; what makes it more desirable than any other company? Good luck!!

Dear Sir or Madam,

I am a student at [name of school] in Paris, France and I am interested in a summer job at [name of company]. I will be available from July to September 2014. I am very interested in working in a team and feel I can learn quickly and adapt to any situation. While working at a fast food company [name it?] in France, I developed my customer service skills and I am convinced that working for you would be the best opportunity to improve my knowledge in this field.

I am very motivated to work and I have the conviction that international mobility is the best way to succeed in both my personal and professional life.

Finally, working at [name of company] would be an opportunity to practice foreign languages, too. I have intermediate English and I am completely [totally isn't wrong, this just sounds better to me] open to learning more. [You could also say "and I am interested in learning more."]

I thank you in advance [no comma] for your consideration and the time you have spent looking at my resume. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,
solzen
Silver Member

Return to Writing Help