EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Need a review on my English

From academic writing to resumes and cover letters

Moderator: EC

Need a review on my English

Postby lengftw » Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:45 pm

Hi,

I will be great-full for someone's help with the following text I wrote:
Last summer I have had a great vacation. I traveled with my family to Barcelona and it was my first time abroad. I had a lot of fun seeing another country. We stayed there for a short time - only a week. But we saw many things in that short time.
The most noticeable thing there were the unique buildings and the hot weather. I think the buildings are the result of a famous architect and the culture.
While we were there we watched a football game in a great stadium. We also have been in the museum of Picasso.
overall, it was a great experience and I am very glad I have been there. I wish to see other places in the world in the future.

Thank you!!!
lengftw

Re: Need a review on my English

Postby Serendipity » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:23 pm

I wouldn't change much of this. I removed a few words, took out a full stop and swapped it for a comma so that it flowed easier.

Last summer I had a great vacation. I traveled with my family to Barcelona and it was my first time abroad. I had a lot of fun seeing another country. We only stayed there for a week, but we saw many things in that short time.
The most noticeable things were the unique buildings which are the result of a famous architect, the hot weather and the culture.
While we were there we watched a football game in a great stadium. We also went to the museum of Picasso.
Overall, it was a great experience and I am very glad I have been there. I wish to see other places in the world in the future.
Serendipity

Return to Writing Help