How about Vietnam

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

How about Vietnam

Post by greatJim »

I often see films with many sort of things related to Vietnam.So are there many jungles there?
Actually i know little about Phillipines.It's really out of my mind to meet Phillipines here.But i know like China,Phillipnes also has severe problems,like corruption.And formerformer president Marx(is that the man's name),Now is Aloyue.How about them?
Yes,i know i never have chances to go these places.Since they are so far away from here.and just let it in the dream... :idea:
francine
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: How about Vietnam

Post by francine »

greatJim wrote:I often see films with many sort of things related to Vietnam.So are there many jungles there?
Actually i know little about Phillipines.It's really out of my mind to meet Phillipines here.But i know like China,Phillipnes also has severe problems,like corruption.And formerformer president Marx(is that the man's name),Now is Aloyue.How about them?
Yes,i know i never have chances to go these places.Since they are so far away from here.and just let it in the dream... :idea:
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

How could it became going away and never return
love at last go to split
Now everything had been ignited to ashes
lefting only a period poem of love
even if you had become the memory
at least ever have a heart of real love
even if i can't forgive my heart
but still want to hear the voice of you
When decided not to miss you again
Everything rehabilitates to quietness
When decided not to entangle into the love and hate
Just realizing you are my only one.

_----<you are my only one> :lol: :lol:
_Arale_

Post by _Arale_ »

Friends, welcome to Vietnam! :wink:
My country is a small but nice one.Vietnam faces Indo-china ocean and shares borders with China,Laos,Campuchia...
Hanoi is the capital of Vietnam where I am living now.I am glad to be your guider. :wink:
Our traditional clothes is long dress or "ao dai" in Vietnamese.
Let's discover more by yourself!!!!

_Arale_
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

By ourselves? Why don't you keep telling us? It's quite interesting so far ;)
_Arale_

Post by _Arale_ »

Dixie, there are so many interesting things here.Ok I will figure some differences between people in the north, the middle and the south of Vietnam.
Northen people are very secret,people in the middle are quite curious while southern people are very bold and active.If you are in the North,don't feel unfriendly at first or think people here are cold.After a while of talking you will see how friendly they are.
Don't feel furious or anxious when you are asked some private questions by people in the middle such as are you married, how much do you earn,how old are you....It is so normal here. :wink:
You may have another feeling if you contact southern people.They are very active ,and modern. :)

_Arale_
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

Yes,i have also noticed ,in Vietnam,the skirts are very beautiful.
I guess they wear them almost in totel year.
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

How about Saigon?I often hear this city's name in the films.It seems all the love storys happen there.
_Arale_

Post by _Arale_ »

greatjim wrote:
How about Saigon?I often hear this city's name in the films.It seems all the love storys happen there.
Well, you seem to be much affected by Love story in Rome with Romeo&Julliet. Sai Gon was the old name of Hochiminh City.It was so famous in the Vietnam-America war time under the name Farest Pearl.

_Arale_
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

francine wrote:
greatJim wrote:I often see films with many sort of things related to Vietnam.So are there many jungles there?
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Sometimes i could not apprehend well,
when the world had cheated me,
So I went away

Sometimes I could not apprehend well
When everybody left
I still stood there,like be in the desert

They fought with each other
And i couldn't find any happiness

what you wanted me to do
And forgive me i couldn't sell my soul out

(Sometimes I could not apprehend well)
:lol:
_Arale_

Post by _Arale_ »

when the world had cheated me,
So I went away
When everybody left
I still stood there,like be in the desert

They fought with each other
And i couldn't find any happiness

what you wanted me to do
And forgive me i couldn't sell my soul out

(Sometimes I could not apprehend well)
Greatjim, a nice poem where did you get it or you made up it?If yes let's send it to Poem forum. :wink:

_Arale_
greatJim
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by greatJim »

Arale,Do u like classic music.
I recommend you ,and I think you should like the classic piano opus.
i think Lieszt,the hungarian composer,is suitable to you. :lol: :lol:
_Arale_

Post by _Arale_ »

greatjim wrote:
Arale,Do u like classic music.
I recommend you ,and I think you should like the classic piano opus.
i think Lieszt,the hungarian composer,is suitable to you.
Well,don't you know that classic music is a wonderful kind of music and it chooses its listeners or fans in other words.I am not very good at it,just had heard some such as Sonatas by Beethoven in which Opus 27-Moonlight is what I like most.I aslo admire Mozart-an Austrian musician.And I am very proud if I am a fan of this kind music.How pity,I could not apprehend it well.I think you have not read this saying yet,have you?
". . . Music is neither old nor modern: it is either good or bad music, and the date at which it was written has no significance whatever. Dates and periods are of interest only to the student of musical history. . . . All old music was modern once, and much more of the music of yesterday already sounds more old-fashioned than works which were written three centuries ago. All good music, whatever its date, is ageless - as alive and significant today as it was when it was written ..." -Peter Warlock.

_Arale_
daimy

Hi

Post by daimy »

Hello !
I am Vietnamese, I will introduce you about Vietnam
Viet Nam is a small country in Southeast Asia with many wonderful landscapes that Natural has granted , Dalat is beautiful and romantic city located in mountains and hills covered by cold climate nearly the whole year, the beauty of Dalat so wonderful that no words can express, it has not only romantic beauty but also mysterious beauty ; Nha Trang with many beautiful and peaceful beaches and desolate and waste islands ....
And Saigon where I was born and grow up, although Saigon was renamed Ho Chi Minh city after April 30 , 1975 but almost Vietnamese still prefer calling SaiGon to Ho Chi Minh City. Specific characteristic of SaiGon is Sai Gon market ( we prefer calling its former name to its present name "Ben Thanh " market ) you can get many things here ; the latest fashion, various kinds of fruits; many kinds of footwear ; original hand- made goods , pictures .....;and you should not ignore to enjoy Vietnamese food. Vietnamese special dishes are cha gio, banh xeo , mam, goi cuon,.....; and you will refresh yourself with a glass of sugar cane juice or coconut juice after journey. An unique mean of transport in SaiGon is Xich lo, it can help you traveling all streets in a city . However, it is banned at many main streets in Ho Chi Minh city
Mentioning to Saigon I can not skip Cho lon ,it is Chinese town in Southwest Saigon, there are many Chinese families living here, An Dong and Binh Tay market are places that many Chinese do their business
lyphan

Post by lyphan »

It clear that Vietnam be a small but beautiful and peace country, have long tradition, become more and more active, be richer nowadays.
Visit and experience.
Welcome you to Vietnam.
printemps

Post by printemps »

I am sure, Viet nam is a beautiful country with friendly people. Many friends told me about that.