EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Hello Folks!

Welcome to EC! Meet other EC members, find penpals

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Postby Dixie » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:09 am

Hi dear, nice to meet you. Welcome to our forum! You're gonna have lots of fun here. So you're a translator, that's interesting! Tell us more about you ;)
Last edited by Dixie on Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Asep » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:18 pm

Welcome to the happy forums, Natalie. My name is Asep. You know it. We'd love to see you with us and have your views on different things everyday, if possible. Once again, welcome. :)
Asep
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:36 pm

I always found simultaneous translation really tough. You have to master both languages and be able to speak and listen at the same time. I sometimes tried to do it on my own and ended up nervous :evil: That's why I always admired interpreters. I love translation though.

Anyway, again, welcome to the club, Natalie, and be careful with Asep! ;)
Dixie

Postby Asep » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:51 pm

What? Yes, be careful with a man when you don't even know his name yet. But you do know my name, don't you, Natalie? See you, Natalie. See you, Merce.... Mwah.... :)
Asep
Gold Member

Re: Translation

Postby Dixie » Sat Dec 04, 2004 5:19 pm

Natalie Daisy wrote: In my native language there is no difference between a name for a person who does a verbal translation and a person who does a written translation, unlike in English, where there is translation (written) and interpretation (verbal). So, what is it like with other languages, say in your native languages?

In Catalan, we've got the same words as in English: Traductor/a and Intèrpret. I guess both words are Romance words, and as you know English borrowed thousands of words from Latin and French, and that justifies the similarity ;)
Dixie

to natalie

Postby Elba » Sun Dec 05, 2004 1:37 am

Hi Natalie,

nice to meet you. My name is Elba Rosa and I from México. I speak spanish and if you have problems learning my lenaguage be sure that I coould help you. I work as a Journalist and some day I think that it would be a good idea to learn your lenguage. Unfurtunally there are few places at this country where I could learn your lenguage and there are far from my office or home.

In formal spanish we used the same words you mentioned, but generaly people only use translation to refer to both activities.

WELCOME NEW FRIEND
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Next

Return to Welcome Forum