EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

My personal problem

Feel free to post here :)

Moderators: Vega, Dixie, EC

My personal problem

Postby Trantrung » Sun Jan 02, 2005 2:52 am

I love a girl in my office a lot. Everyday I take care of her and she also feels that. But when I say Ilove her She says she only considers me as a brother and she can't love me?
How can I do now?
I wander'd lonely as a cloud
Trantrung
Silver Member

Postby chemist » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:51 am

Oh Dear my heart is with you ,It's not easy to love someone and she/he dosen't love you.

She's lucky that you love her but she's honest and told you that she loves you as her brother.
I Don't want to tell you try it again with her because true love comes once and if she doesn't love you now she will not love you later.
Try to accept her as a friend only ,and if you cannot stop thinking about her then try to forget her.
Try to make yourself busy with something you like,for example ,sports, music, drawing ....depends on your hobby.
I guess joining EC is the best solution ;) you're gonna find lots of friend her and believe me you're gonna enjoy it. :)

I wish you all the best and who knows may be there is another lucky lady is waiting for your true love.

Salam
Chemist
chemist
Gold Member

Re: My personal problem

Postby Dixie » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:57 pm

Trantrung wrote:I love a girl in my office a lot. Everyday I take care of her and she also feels that. But when I say Ilove her She says she only considers me as a brother and she can't love me?
How can I do now?

I agree with Chemist. If she doesn't love you, you cannot force her to. You shouldn't tell her continuously that you love her or you'll spoil your friendship.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby forenza61 » Mon Jan 03, 2005 6:10 pm

i agree with Dixie. and i would add that somethime friendship
is better than love..
i know you would shake sceptically your head at this
[It's only rock'n roll but i like it]
forenza61
Silver Member

Postby Unknownsu » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:09 pm

It's hard to say. Sometimes perserverence can lead to good results. I'm saying this from personal experience. Ultimately, weigh your chances, pros and cons.
Unknownsu
Rough Diamond Member

Postby RedRose » Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:29 pm

Unknownsu wrote:It's hard to say. Sometimes perserverence can lead to good results. I'm saying this from personal experience. Ultimately, weigh your chances, pros and cons.

it is up to this girl's character. if the girl is strong-charactered, then this guy will fail to chase the girl. on the contrary, if the girl is tender, then maybe she will be moved by the guy's perperserverence.
RedRose

Postby roopa » Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:19 pm

Hi Trantrung!
i understand ur feeling coz i 'do too.
I don't know the reason why but i can't stop my heart to think of My boss's friend. I know he doesn't love me coz we're from different culture( he is a foreigner)
But i still feel happy . i thank the god for letting me meet him.
But to tell the truth, my heart always feels hurt everytime i think of his face , his smile :? .
So u have to try , u need to cherish ur friendship, agree??
BE YOURSELF
roopa

Postby Lalee » Thu Jan 27, 2005 3:47 pm

Poor you!
:( I know how much it hurts, when you show your love to someone, but the other person does not feel the same for you.
I think it's better if you leave her alone for a while. Be patient. Maybe, in the long run, she may realize that she has feelings for you as well. Don't give up! :P
Lalee
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Selene » Thu Jan 27, 2005 7:37 pm

I agree with the members when they say that you can not force somebody to love you. Be strong and try to see her as a friend.Do not forget: there is plenty of fish in the sea.
Good luck
Selene

Postby masa » Sat Jan 29, 2005 1:36 am

Yaeh, I can imagine very very simply. Because I was in the same situation when I was 15.
In my case, I am knocked down by her. But now, she is my best friend. Maybe, she needs you, I tihnk. This is the same in your case. So, why don`t you go for it?
masa
Gold Member

Next

Return to General Discussion