EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

women soccer

Football, rugby, swimming, tennis... Painting, fishing, stamps

Moderators: Vega, EC

What do you think about the participation of a woman soccer player in a team of men?

I agree
86%
woman most not to play in a men team
14%

Total votes : 7

women soccer

Postby Elba » Wed Jan 26, 2005 1:24 am

What do you think about the participation of a woman soccer player in a team of men?

Recently FIFA rejected that the soccer player Maribel Dominguez (from México) play in a mexican team of men.
At México there isn´t any professional team of female soccer, that was the reazon Maribel wish to participate in a team of men.
After Fifa rejected Maribel, the female Barcelona team acepted her. Maribel Dominguez is going to trip to Spain in order to play in that team.
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Postby frengo » Thu Jan 27, 2005 9:05 pm

In my opinion, it's just a matter of phisical power... what happens when two running men, 90 kg each, meet one another coming from opposite directions? Big crash, dear... imagine the same situation with a heavy man on one side and a much lighter girl on the other... the history of soccer is made of broken legs, let's keep women's in a good shape, it's better for me!
frengo
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006

WOMAN SOCCER

Postby Elba » Fri Jan 28, 2005 1:30 am

What dou you think of female soccer?

Because at a women team there is the posibility to find a 90 kg. player and another of 60 kg, then the crash has the same consecuenses.

Women player have good shape too, you have to know the mexican soccer player. [/quote]
Elba
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:52 am

I am against any genre discrimination.

And I don't see why women and men cannot play together. If they are equally qualified there should be no difference.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby mr_Love » Fri Jan 28, 2005 10:26 pm

i think the males will leave to ball and follow the females :mrgreen:
mr_Love
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Lalee » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:42 am

Mr Love. That was very funny! :D
I think all the players would just put their eyes in the girl's boobs, and they'd lose every single game in the long run.
You know how men are... They just interested in boobs, boobs, and more boobs... did I mention "boobs"? :mrgreen:
Lalee
Rough Diamond Member

Postby mr_Love » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:02 am

opsss....... :oops:

how do u know that!!!1

they are the first thing that attract the boys :mrgreen:

just kiding ;)
mr_Love
Rough Diamond Member

Postby frengo » Sat Jan 29, 2005 8:22 pm

To Elba: you're right, women can have a heavy weight... but that was just an example: every power-oriented sport has differente leagues for men and women, and I don' really think for discrimination reasons!

To Dixie: I can't see any king of discrimination, here. On a phisical basis, men and women ARE different, so it would be wrong to let them compete together when phisical power is the main issue.
I would be pleased, however, to see men and woman together in other kinds of sport, e.g. shooting with bow and arrow, rifle, gun, or any other sport where phisical power is not significant.
frengo
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006
Mr EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Sat Jan 29, 2005 9:18 pm

As I see it, and I like I said, if both are equally prepared, there should be no problem. I don't think, like you said, that we are different. All we need is physical preparation. I know my opinion is not based on any theoretical principles but, well, that's what I think ;)

I hate discrimination on any basis.
Dixie

Postby Asep » Sun Jan 30, 2005 8:49 am

Great female fighter!
Asep
Gold Member

Next

Return to Sports & Hobbies