Best place you've been to

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

GEOSGroup1

Best place you've been to

Post by GEOSGroup1 »

1) What is the best country/city/place you've ever been to? Describe the place and your experience.

2) In the future, what place would you want to visit? Why? What have you heard about that place?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Is that an activity for your students? ImageImageImage

I haven't traveled much, but here are my answers:

1) Italy. Especially Rome and Florence. I was 17 and it was a school trip. The best vacation ever!!!!!!!!!!!! I would repeat it right away... I loved every place we visited in Italy, but Rome and Florence were the ones I enjoyed most. First we went to Rome. I have always been attracted to ancient culture, so I loved the monuments, the Roman forum, the amphitheatre and so on. Maybe that's why I love Tarragona so much, because of its ancient Roman monuments... Anyway, I loved Florence because , in spite of my youth, I kept thinking that was the craddle of Renaissence. Michael Angelo, Da Vinci, Boticelli, Raphael... That was a paradise. :roll:

2) England, Scotland and Ireland. Why? Because I've got a degree on English Philology and yet I have never been there!! :( :( The only English-speaking country I've ever been to were the US. It's time to visit the UK and Ireland now...
serenella
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by serenella »

1) the place I love most is Wien, a quiet town, with its Imperial atmosphere, friendly people and a deep cultural background, but I also like Ireland a lot and I would like to go back soon there (Dixie, we could organize a trip together!)

2) the list of the places I would like to visit is very long; just to quote some: Spain (in particular Andalusia), Northern Europe, Prague, Egypt, Australia..... the reason is that I like traveling and knowing different cultures.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Same here. I love traveling and I'd love to visit every single corner of our world... Serenella, your idea is brilliant! :D Let's go on a trip together! :D If you ever go to Ireland, just talk to Butler, maybe he can be our guide! :D
eyi

Post by eyi »

i have been in italy, and the monuments are very beautiful, but there was a lot of pollution. and i wouldn't live there.

i have been in Chile. i liked much, in santiago the people work and there are money, but for example in valparaiso, tere are much poverty. but the beach is very beautiful.

i have been in Las Vegas. to me was very exiting. but when i come back i was very tired, because i was walk all day of shoppins.
eyi

Post by eyi »

i would like go to Paris. because is the city of the lovers. and i would like to learn the languaje. but paris is very expensive.

i would like to go to australia. tell me that there are a beautiful beach, and all people do surf. i want to go.

and i would like to go to New York. because i want see broadway and the theaters.
westcoast

Post by westcoast »

1 L.A. is the best place for me!! coz so meny hot chicks!!
2 I wanna go to New York ! coz I've never been to New York! maybe New York is good for music!!
kyosuke

Post by kyosuke »

1. California Love!!! Because good weather!!
2. I want to go to miami!! I hate cold!!
lv4me4sun

I want go to museum!!

Post by lv4me4sun »

:D Thailand!!!!
because... Thailand is very wonderful beach, garden and caltle
I was get on elephant!!!
very pleasant experience!!! :D :D
and on other experience is I seen the Transjander show!!(May be this name is Alkaja Show) I don't belive!!! they are a men in woman's disguise!!!
Thailand is very interest contry~~

2) 8) I want go to Newyork!!!
because i don't have been Newyork~ and This week have parade of thanksgiving Day!!!! I want see!!!
and I want go to "F.O Swhartz"!!! because I watch the Movie
"Home Alone 2 : Lost in New York"!!!! ^o^
OK!! ??
lv4me4sun

this is yuko.

Post by lv4me4sun »

My best place is canada.Because people is very kind and city is beautyful.Above all fall turned the leaves is wonderful!!!!
some day I'd like to go Tahiti.My dream is to go scuba diving in Tahiti. Yuko Ariyama
GEOSGroup1

Great!

Post by GEOSGroup1 »

I'm so happy that my students finally responded to this question. My incentive really worked. I 'm just waiting for Steven's reply. He replied in another forum. For those of you who are not my students, I also appreciate your response. Anyway, here's my answer to my questions;

The best place I've ever been to in the U.S. is Washington D.C. There are so many things to see and do for FREE! There are tons of museums, memorials, historical buildings, and more. So, if you like art, history, and culture, Washington D.C. is the place to see. As for the best place I've ever been to outside the U.S., I think the Philippines is the best so far. I went island hopping. I went to Boracay and Palawan (islands) and the beaches and rainforest were sooo beautiful. Plus, the people were so friendly and hospitable.

As for the places that I want to visit, I have so many on my list: Amsterdam, Brugge, Madrid, Barcelona, San Sebastian, Interlaken, Paris, Rome, Cinque Terre, Florence, Sienna, Corfu, Ios, Athens, Mykonos, Santorini, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Fussen, Munich, Prague, etc. I've never been to Europe. This summer, I'm planning to backpack across Europe with my friend. I'm gonna work hard to save money, so that I can afford to purchase a plane ticket and a Eurail pass.
natsu

Hi!!

Post by natsu »

1)My best island is HAWAII :D Because HAWAII has very beautiful the sea and there are many shopping place :D :D :D I felt that time had passed very slowly for Hawaii.
2)I would like to go to Maldive Islands!!!!
It is because I like the warm place.
chemist
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by chemist »

:cry: I cannot do this assignment right now ,teacher, because I have too much work to do.
would excuse me, I may do it later :wink:
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

1- is it Makka in th K.S.A the best pace in the world where all muslims go there to " al haj"

2- would like to visit many contryies :) china, japan, itlay, scotland, catalonya<to watch a football match > and HAWAI 8) ....cooool :wink:
tad666

good place...

Post by tad666 »

i don't know...maybe,L.A.....

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Have a good Thanksgiving Day!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Sissi

~~~

Post by Sissi »

absolutly Austria Vienna ,and it's also the hometown of the real Sissi, :lol: :lol:
I wanna travel all over the world in the future!!~~~
great ambition, :P :P
To the world you are the someone,but to the someone you are the world!~
Jamesbond

Post by Jamesbond »

Welcome to my motherland China for a visit!
I love English treating that as a part of my life .So glad to make friends with you .Altogether we can make efforts on English studying and finally we'll make it !!!Expecting you can contact with me for chatting .let's help each other!GOGO!
masa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by masa »

1) New Zealand. I went there when I was 3rd years old of junior high school and I had a homestay. It was a great time for me. I satyed only ten days but this was vivid memory in my mind.

2) United Kingdom. I want to go there bcause I am very interested in British culture.
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

So far, it's Thailand. Vietnam is a great destination too but it does not compare to the hospitality of the Thais.
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

because there are many Miss. men in Thailand!
Unknownsu
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Unknownsu »

Yes, that's why I'd choose a transgender over a Chinese!
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

I guess transgender is bisexual, right? since a transgender person is a man as well as a woman, then she/he can love a man as well as a woman.

So terrific!
KatyLam

Post by KatyLam »

1) My best place is Singapore. Because Singapore is very modern & green. People live in Singpapore are very friendly & kindly. I hope I'll have other chance to visit there again.

2) I wish I can travel to Japan. I heard that Japan is very beautiful & Fuji mountain is the most.But travel to Japan is very difficult and very expensive , I don't know when my dream will come true?!? :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Never Say Never !!!
rubii

Post by rubii »

i would say is Japan because i really love Japan and i think Hokkaido is very beautiful !! the scenery of Hokkaido was beautiful beyond description!
Also Tokyo!!It is a busy place and very modern and *
I think japanese are very polite and the japanese girl are quite beautiful **