Feel free to post here :)

Moderator: EC

vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

How make to made myself confidence?

Post by vince90 »

Hi guys,

I have a big problem when I speaking in English and I need your advices.

I don’t feel comfortable when talking with people in English. The problem is that’s hard for me to find the words to say to the person. Especially when I meet people that have better knowledge than me, my head is empty then. I usually keep quietly and walk away. Sometime I fell lonely. I know that I’m a quiet person and my social life not very active. There is something that I need to adjust. Please help!!!

By the way this is the first time for me chatting on the net. It’s quite new experience and you guys are great. Thanks guys.

Vince
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

Acting ! doing what you want to do ! showing who you are, what you want, where you want to go !

For language, acting is speaking ! and reading ! what people use, you will use it. [But if you dont read, listen to them, how can you know the "real language" (the language spoken in the reality)! ]

Dont put your goals so high for starting. First speak what you need to speak (usual, daily conversation).

You can listen to tv in english or to the radio on the web.

But better is talking, exchanging. And you have this occasion, this luck.

Dont hesitate to use your dictionnary and your grammar. :mrgreen:

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.

Post by Guest »

WHEN YOU BE ALONE TALK TO YOURSELF ONE OR TWO HOURS YOU WILL BE BETTER
AND GOOD LCK
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

Thanks Shokin.

Actually I’ve been doing that, but it is slow to get there for me. I think my social life is more problem than English but I’ll keep it up. I appreciate it.

Hey The Lang Friend,

Your advice seems a simple solution. I love it! However, I’m not that mentally ill... Thanks anyway.
donis
Rising Star
Rising Star

practice

Post by donis »

the first important thing for develop eng. make practice no matter who is your partner sometimes can be a mirror or a wall :D
but so helpful method to my opinion :R:
masa
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by masa »

Maybe, this feel all of the people who learn English as Second or Foreign Language. For me, I learn English as a Foreign Language.
I think that you should throw away your mind that to shy to talk other people and don't care mistakes. People cannot die when he or her makes mistakes.
Keep on going! And you should say yourself "I CAN DO!".
mahboob

Post by mahboob »

i have got an idea for you
whenever you face a problem that you lack with try to over come with your qualities, like:
if you have speaking problem but i think you dont have understanding problem
once you understand what they are saying
then come up with few confident words
like:
oh yeah...
Yeah its indeed...
yeah you are right...
you are absolutely right...
i think this will help you to face people and you will gain more confidence to stay with them.
amoolah
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: How make to made myself confidence?

Post by amoolah »

vince90 wrote:Hi guys,

I have a big problem when I speaking in English Especially when I meet people that have better knowledge than me, my head is empty then.
Vince
Dont you ever think that people u meet are better than you...at least they are not in everything becasue no one is perfect :W: ....and remember there is alwasy something special in each one of us :R:

and by the way, if your head is really empty then how come u are here in EC ;) so dont say it again becasue it is not ture... :evil:
vince90
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by vince90 »

Hi guys,

Thanks for all advices. They are great and I will consider for each of your advice. By the way I feel a little better now since I join this club. Once again thank you very much.

Vince
Lilian
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Lilian »

hi vince,
this is very normal for a new english speaker. i had the same problem, when i first came in abroad. usually, i didnt even understand what they are saying. most interesting part, the american people, never uses full verb, they mostly uses slang. beside black people, they talk in their traditional way, which is sometimes very hard to understand. i dont know where you are now? or do u want to go abroad to study?

my first suggession for u will be, never copy them..whatever they speak, u just try to understand. and then u make it clear urself. when you dont understand, tell them, its ur second language and speak slowly. they will help u out.
beside when u speak english, make a eye contact with them. and show them ur confident. if u dont do it, ur mind will think something else, and u will lose the track. specially, try to organize the sentence in ur language in ur head and then translate it in english. it just a matter of time. u will find that ur using the same thing again and again. then after a time period u will know, what to say or how to speak.
give youself time. listen to t.v or radio, when u do nothing.
or practice with ur friends.

i hope it will help u out ....good luck..:)
English is my second language