edge of space

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

impulse

edge of space

Post by impulse »

INCREDIBLE ADVENTURES

Take your own history-making first step...

One of the greatest moments in world history featured one small step - that incredible day in July of 1969 when Neil Armstrong took his first step on the moon.

Now, we're inviting you to take your own history-making first step, by becoming one of the first tourists in the world to apply to Russia's Cosmonaut Training Program.

What Does All This Cost?
We Don't Know Exactly.

The total cost of an Incredible Orbital Space Adventure can range from $15 million to $25 million, depending on the mission profile (Will you be completing research experiments? Would you like to train for a space walk?) and final contract negotiations with the Russian Space Agency.

There are four training steps that all aspiring cosmonauts must complete prior to embarking on a mission into space:

Step One: Medical Qualification Evaluation
Step Two: Theoretical Lessons, Lectures and Active Hands-On Simulator Training
Step Three: Learning how to work as valuable member of a cosmonaut team.
Step Four: Actual training with other members of your assigned mission team.

What Can We Promise You?

You will only pay for the training and services you receive. In the event you do not complete all training, or are not accepted for a flight to space, any unused funds will be refunded per contract terms

Take the First Step!
Get Checked Out!

Your first step to becoming "space worthy" is the Medical Qualification Phase.

The Medical Qualification Phase is a valuable and unique experience-even if you never plan to leave the planet.

What's involved:

You will undergo the most intense medical examination of your life. Over the course of ten days, you will be given a variety of detailed medical tests at Moscow's Institute of Medical and Biological Problems.

The IMBP was established in 1963 and is the Institute responsible for all aspects of medical and biological support for humans in space, from selection of cosmonauts to in flight support and rehabilitation. You will receive all the same tests given to IMBP's "normal clients" - Russia's top test pilots and scientists hoping to be accepted into Russia's Space Program.

While being probed and prodded by doctors and scientists can be interesting, we're not sure if it qualifies as an Incredible Adventure, so we've created a 16 day/15night adventure that includes all the medical testing plus many of our most popular cosmonaut training activites.

There's More:

Choose this and you also receive:

Hypobaric altitude chamber testing
Hands-on training on Star City's many simulators.
Orlan space suit training.
Centrifuge training
Vestibular training
Personal zero-gravity flight
Instruction and sample space mission in the hydrolab **
Flight to the Edge of Space in a Russian MiG-25
**In the event medical tests show you are ineligible for hydrolab training, we will substitute a supersonic flight in a MiG-29 jet fighter.

Some of these training activities will take place at the Gromov Flight Research Center outside Moscow, and some will take place at legendary Star City.

A full adventure package, complete with jet flights, luxury hotel, charter zero-g flight, VIP service, etc. retails for $179,000. Purchase the medical check alone for significantly less.

Our Guarantee:

There is no guarantee you will qualify for the Official Cosmonaut Training Program. In fact, the odds are against you. Only a select few will meet the stringent physical requirements necessary to travel to the International Space Station and other destinations among the stars. We can, however, guarantee you a truly memorable experience unlike any other in the world.
hhhhhhhiiiiiii
Elba
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Elba »

I want one Impulse.

There are four training steps that all aspiring cosmonauts must complete prior to embarking on a mission into space:

Step One: Medical Qualification Evaluation

Every month my doctor analyze my blood, T cells, brain, kindneys etc. I´m perfect

Step Two: Theoretical Lessons, Lectures and Active Hands-On Simulator Training

I´m a master with the hands :oops: :oops:

Step Three: Learning how to work as valuable member of a cosmonaut team.

I want to lear, and if the captain is a hansome man I will be the first in class

Step Four: Actual training with other members of your assigned mission team.

Of course, I want to be the only woman in the team.