U.A.E

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

amoolah
Rising Star
Rising Star

U.A.E

Post by amoolah »

I noticed that lots of EC members don't have any idea about my country which is UAE :roll: . That's why I would like to introduce my country to all the members ;)

United Arab Emirates, federation of emirates , SW Asia, on the E Arabian Peninsula, bordered by the Persian Gulf (N), the Gulf of Oman (E), Oman (S), Saudi Arabia (S, W), and Qatar (NW).

The UAE-A Constellation of 7 Stars
The United Arab Emirates is a federation of seven emirates or states, each with its own unique character and personality but yet united with a common goal and destiny. The seven emirates are : Abu Dhabi, Dubai (where I live), Sharjah, Ajman, Umm Al-Qaiwain, Ras AL-Khaimah and Fujairah

Language
The official language of the UAE is Arabic. Other languages spoken are English, Hindi, Farsi. A large number of the expatriate population are from the sub-continent, Philippines, Iran etc. So you will find Tagalog, Malayalam, Russian etc.

Currency
The United Arab Emirates currency is called the Dirham. Arab Emirate Dirham (=Dhs. or AED)100 Fils = 1 Dirhams

Religion
The official religion of the United Arab Emirates is Islam. But other faiths are tolerated and freedom of worship privately is given. Churches are common in some emirates and in Dubai you will even find a Hindu Temple.

Some UAE sites:

if you would like to know more about my country, I would be more that glad to answer your questions :mrgreen:
amoolah
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by amoolah »

Dear violet

thanks sooooooooo much for you lovely reply....it is really so sweet and kind of you. I am so happy to know that you have visited Dubai and I am glad to know that you really liked it ;)
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

it is my seconed contry.....

i mean nothing is between UAE and Oman .....

hey my gulf doghter you forget this

amoolah
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by amoolah »

mr_Love wrote:it is my seconed contry.....

i mean nothing is between UAE and Oman .....
Yes Mr_Love you are right.....Thanks for the picture ;) . in fact, I will talk more about the famous places in the UAE inluding Burj Al Arab which is in the picture.
sindy
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by sindy »

how wonderful pictures!
my brother worked there in summer for two months about three years ago,he said UAE is too hot to stay out,it's over 50 centi-degree outdoor,there are lots of sand,and there are so wealthy,the people are not many in there,and they are so friendly.but,i couldn't imagine it's so beautiful,clean and green.
would you send some other pictures for us.i beg you..:wink..
Nothing is difficult if you put your heart in it!
smile to everything
Chet Baker
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Chet Baker »

Thank you amoolah, although i have never been UAE, but i know a little bit about UAE lawyer. They are very expensive. :mrgreen:

Anyway, i may have a chance to visit UAE in September this year for my company's exhibition, but i am not sure, as it has not been confirmed. One thing for sure is that it must be a beautiful place.
amoolah
Rising Star
Rising Star

Burj Al Arab

Post by amoolah »

Burj Al Arab

Jumeirah Beach Road
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
202 Suites

Rates from USD$816 per room per night

Overview
Designed to resemble a billowing sail, the hotel soars to a height of 321 metres, dominating the Dubai coastline. At night, it offers an unforgettable sight, surrounded by choreographed colour sculptures of water and fire. This all-suite hotel reflects the finest that the world has to offer.

Accommodation at Burj Al Arab
The Burj Al Arab does not have rooms, it has 202 suites, each one arranged over two floors. Ranging from a capacious 169m² to an astonishing 780m² in size, the floor to ceiling glass windows offer simply breathtaking views of the Arabian Gulf. Decorated with lavish textures and exuberant colours, each suite features a sumptuous living and dining area, state of the art entertainment system and office facilities. Their sheer opulence in every tiny detail is underpinned with technology that does everything from controlling the 42 inch Plasma screen TV to closing the curtains.

Dining at Burj Al Arab
Spectacular, luxurious and adventurous are the keywords here. Having recently been voted amongst the top ten best hotel restaurants in the world, Burj Al Arab’s signature restaurant ’Al Mahara’ elevates dining to heights of true perfection. From the finest seafood in the world to modern Mediterranean cuisine with the most delicious ingredients, exclusive dining options cater to your culinary cravings in a multitude of elegant settings that cannot be discovered anywhere else. Choose to dine high up among the stars, at the base of the world’s tallest atrium or even under the sea!

Diamond
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Diamond »

almoolah, UAE is avery beautiful country (( it is my country

sister )) hahhahhahahahah :D :D

its government is very great and its people too

and i want to know bye
words from heart to heart
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

amoolah, I just loved all the pics you posted here. That hotel looks so great. I love the furniture. I bet it’s very expensive, no?

Diamond, I just realized you have chosen the same avatar. Would you mind changing it? Please. :)
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

yea that tower is very huge . i went there 1week before

but i didnt enter it, i just watched it from next, for a water park called " wild wadi"
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

wow! Dubai is splendid! Dubai looks like a Palace!
idalia
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by idalia »

[quote="Lalee"]amoolah, I just loved all the pics you posted here. That hotel looks so great. I love the furniture. I bet it’s very expensive, no?

Yes, it is! I saw a documentary about Dubai a few months ago on television, and the presenter was in that Hotel and he said it is the most expensive hotel round the world!!!!!

It's like a dream to spend a night there, I loved it :mrgreen:
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

I knew it was expensive. Thanks Idalia for confirming that. :D
amoolah
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by amoolah »

idalia wrote:
[quote="Lalee"]amoolah, I just loved all the pics you posted here. That hotel looks so great. I love the furniture. I bet it’s very expensive, no?

Yes, it is! I saw a documentary about Dubai a few months ago on television, and the presenter was in that Hotel and he said it is the most expensive hotel round the world!!!!!

It's like a dream to spend a night there, I loved it :mrgreen:

Ya you are right....it is the most expensive hotel round the world!!!!!
mr_Love
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by mr_Love »

hummmm....... :roll:

i will take a night there with my future wife in our hauny month :mrgreen:
amoolah
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by amoolah »

mr_Love wrote:hummmm....... :roll:

i will take a night there with my future wife in our hauny month :mrgreen: