EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Holidays are a waste of time.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby TalkingPoint » Tue Aug 05, 2003 5:00 pm

Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

Postby atyn74 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 11:47 pm

:shock: what!!! i'm not agree with your opinion...sorry to say... however that is only an opinion, nothing wrong with that b'coz that's yours. :wink: As for me, holiday is the important thing in my life time. By going to somewhere else and even at home gathering with my family during holiday can help me to relax my mind an forget all the busy day. In fact, i'm working and at the same time i'm studying at one of the famous university in my country, thus i really need holidays and it doesn't waste my time at all :P
atyn74

Holidays are a waste of time

Postby dgd001 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:06 am

I completely agree that holidays are a waste of time :lol: When I am on holiday I still have to worry about work and then I can't relax worrying about all the things I have to do still :cry: . I think that if work was less stressful then holidays might actually be worthwhile :?
dgd001

i do not think so

Postby networmwxj » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:55 am

one can not work all the time .as the saying goes : all work and no play make jack a dull boy .I recommend a balence life ----you houl work hard and meanwhile you should have the time for entertainment and relaxing.After all ,we are not born to work till the end .So enjoy the work and the holiday .But take a fine balence .You can make your life more colourful
networmwxj

Re: Holidays Are a Waste of Time!

Postby koara2000 » Tue Aug 26, 2003 8:56 am

HM!let me think! as my opinion,"holiday"could be divided into two forms.
one is annual vocation,while the other is fesitvals or Saturday&Sunday.
When I choose the former, which means the wholl office is still running except me ,so it's hard to relax myself as much as I like.And the fact is always just like what I have thought.
So I thinks the holiday is a waste or not lies on your spirit! :?
koara2000

It's hard to say

Postby ML » Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:49 pm

Holiday is a good thing sometimes. Because if we have no holiday, what's the meaning of our existing in the world? After a long time work, we need to relax. But , sometimes for students, especially our language study students, holiday is really a bad thing, if we don't touch English for several days we will forget a lot. That's terrible! so, control ourselves, and have a nice holiday as well!
ML

Holidays

Postby MARTA » Mon Sep 01, 2003 3:32 pm

Holidays a waste of time?. I don't think holidays are a waste of time because you've got the time to do things you can't do in the year. I don't agree with that. On may holidays I like spend time with my family, friends. I like going to new countries or cities I haven't visited yet ( If I've got money of course).
I think holidays are a great time! :P
MARTA

I like holiday

Postby thanhhangmpm@yaoo.com » Tue Sep 02, 2003 3:48 am

In my opinion, holiday is nothing more than pleasure, relaxation you will have. Why can holiday be waste of time? what will you do if you have free time?staying at home or playing game, I don't say that it's not good but why don't we go out with our friends, go to anywhere we like, enjoy the fresh air,admire the beauty of nature etc....
And then after a day (or a week, a month) you will immediately feel the differences. You look more healthy, more beautiful, more enthusiasm for your next day. I myself want to go everywhere if I have enough money, I'm saving now for my future tourist plan.
Holiday is wonderful!
thanhhangmpm@yaoo.com

Holidays are a Waste of Time

Postby bernicezit@yahoo.com » Thu Sep 04, 2003 9:50 am

Holidays are the most precious time in one's life :) . That means during holidays, you can do a lot of things you are not able to do during working days. I seize the opportunity to travel, to meet friends, :D to relax, and prepare myself for work, to visit my parents or take a course. Although sometimes I miss my friends at work :( , I don't think Holidays are a waste of time.
bernicezit@yahoo.com

holiday is waste of time

Postby member » Sat Sep 13, 2003 5:16 am

:roll: i think this is have two face of this topic,
i think the first face is
:twisted: it's good. because after a long time to study, we feel very tired .
And we want to go some where else to change the air,
To have a fresh air,
if we thin travel is waste of time so why do many country are opening their,travelism,
Example in Vietnam. we are opening the travelism, as viettravel. and attracted many tourism. come here and now my country is proving ,
if travel is waste of time so no want will come to my country and our economy will descrease.

:( the other side of this topic is if we just travel too much so our brain will not open and it made our thinking lost. so and then we are not inteligent anymore,. travel made us lazy in thinking ,

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion