EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby TalkingPoint » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:47 pm

Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

Re: Do you think that children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Postby judy » Fri Aug 08, 2003 8:16 am

Talking Point wrote:Do you think that children grow up too quickly nowadays?

yes, i think so. they are growing too quickly not only in their physical bodies, but further in their inner minds.
sometimes, you would be awakward if you couldn't have paid more attention to their questions and asking.
i think it's better to try to be their friends and to get development altogether while they're growing up.
judy

Yes, children grow up too quickly nowadays.

Postby Anne » Tue Aug 12, 2003 9:55 am

To certain extent children nowadays grow too quickly mentally so much so that they are like adults trapped in chidren's body.
Anne

children are intelligent

Postby harsh » Sun Aug 31, 2003 4:49 am

yes we have seen today's children talking things which a person of his father's age doesn't know. children are now intelligent from their birthtime
they are taking more interest in internet, extra curricular activities and sports. infact children today, are really smart!
harsh

Postby detective » Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:27 am

I dont think so. Nowadays everything goes fast. If children dont grow quickly ( as u said ) they cant catch up with the development of these around them. Maybe they do something their parents find it difficult to accept, something not really good but they also get many increditable achivements in a lot of aspects :D
detective

Postby sk » Sun Sep 14, 2003 12:57 am

yes, kids are really growing up fastly nowadays
when i look at my cousin, she is 12 years old, i see that her mind and her interest are really different from those i had when i was her age. she wants to kiss boys and go to parties, when i was her age all i wanted was to play with my dools
sk

Re: Do you think that children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Postby Guest » Wed Sep 17, 2003 10:59 am

Talking Point wrote:Do you think that children grow up too quickly nowadays?

:D..First of all I will introduce myself I am praveen working in bangalore. I was born and brought up in kerala. I found there is a huge difference between children in kerala and Bangalore, here in bangalore children are growing fastly compare to kerala especially girls. I think their food habits may be the reason. If u look at a girl at the age of 5-15 u can see their growth, when I was doing my schooling my class mates (girls) were small in size. But now days girls are big in size.

Do you think that children grow up too quickly nowadays ?

Postby Hong Nhung » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:49 am

In my opinion ,I see that children today grow too quickly ,which is both about their phsycology and their phisic .It is because they are looked after better now than children used to be .They have more opportunities to recive and contact with many modern achivements .For example ,a child at the age of 4 or 5 can know sth even very much about the way of using a TV or so on .In addition ,children also have many chances to do many modern things without any difficult .
I think this is good for them .They can be more confident in the future .However ,because of a wide range knowleage of many fields they can do sth not good .It shouldn't be for them .
In short ,I agree that children grow too quickly today .
Hong Nhung

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:27 pm

Because their nourishment is very well.

childern grow quickly

Postby sandeep » Tue Sep 23, 2003 10:05 pm

Yes they do. Growth here means mental growth and not physical. This is precisely because of the unbelievable kind of knowledge exposure which they are getting now a days .This knowledge exposure is mainly in the form of media exposure. In other words we can say that childern lose their innosence earlier than ever before which i believe is harmful.

sandeep
sandeepc123@yahoo.com
sandeep

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion