EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

If I won $1,000,000...

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

If I won $1,000,000...

Postby TalkingPoint » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:35 pm

Imagine you win a million dollars today! What will you do with it? Will you keep it all? Give some of it away? Give it all away? Stop working? Stop studying? Go on a holiday? Buy a castle? Start a business? Put it in the bank? Or under your mattress?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

wow

Postby pink » Thu Sep 04, 2003 8:19 am

If I won 1,000,000 USD , I would :
- 100,000 USD for those who can't see
- 700,000 for my study in AUSTRALIA , so my parents wouldn't need to raise me
- 10,000 for myself , such as: clothes, cassette for study...
- the lelf I would give them to my relatives or keep in the bank.
pink

Re: If I won $1,000,000...

Postby abdellah.benazza » Sat Sep 06, 2003 7:09 pm

Talking Point wrote:If I won $1,000,000...

Imagine you win a million American dollars today! What will you do with it? Will you keep it all? Give some of it away? Give it all away? Stop working? Stop studying? Go on a holiday? Buy a castle? Start a business? Put it in the bank? Or under your mattress?
: :shock: :idea:
abdellah.benazza

if i won a million American dollars

Postby tino » Mon Sep 08, 2003 9:53 am

If I won such a fabullous amount of money ,I would help improve the educational standard of many empoverished Cameroonian children especially the girl children whose parents with very low income can,t afford to educate them.

I will open a reading house particularly for the children between the ages of 3-13.I will provide motivating aspects that wet their appetite to develop a reading culture which is completely absent among our kids.

I would of course encourage exchange visits between children of my country Cameroon and other countries because I would be able to pay their tickets and this enkindle their love for the Queen's language

Generally I WOULD PROMOTE THE LOVE OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN MY COUNTRY BY DOING MANY INTERESTING ACTIVITIES
tino

If I won 1,000,000,00.....

Postby roberta » Thu Sep 25, 2003 12:19 am

Guys if I win so much money I will be so suprised that I would have a heart attack.
I'm not accostumed to it. I can't even realize what it's possible to do with this ammount of money. :shock:
roberta

if i win 1000000000

Postby jane.jia » Sat Oct 18, 2003 6:49 am

Code: Select all
Code: Select all
:roll: :roll:
if i win 1000,000,000,i would be happy to crazy for a moment.but then, i will feel free in my mind.so i would make a good use of it .first,give half of the money to the community of helpping poor area.second,i will use them to travelling and eat delicious food all over the world.
jane.jia

Postby le van » Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:04 am

Winning 1milion dollars? Oh, yeah , that's wondwerful. If I win such a great amount of money I could make my wish com true. I always want to come to England to study. I love everything in England: streets, buildings, libaries especially, especially the Universities. But studyng there won't cost much so I'll give my parents 100000$. And the last I will do bussiness, I think I can make my 1 milion dollars become 2 milion dollars and more. But, u know? In my country, people think that I u win such a great amount of money thet's mean u put an end to ur life, I still love my life so I don't want 1 milion dollars.
le van

Postby 2071985 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 1:00 pm

oh!yes !that's wonderful! whether that 'll come true or not i dont care about it. Because anyone like money so much that means i can be killed ,even attacked by my family . Also it seems that all over the world 'll be not peaceful .
but if i had 1 ,000,000$ i'd try to get a new weapon nuclear to destroy GeogreBush - the president of the U.S which is destroing human beings .heeehehe ....hahaahhaah

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:30 pm

I would buy a new house, a new Ferrari and 2 lamborghinis.,a new yacht and a theme park like allou.i would also buy mantchester united.those things i would do if i had won 1000000000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby DIMITRIS » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:37 pm

If I had 1,000,000 I would buy a new FERRARI and a villa
and a speedboat.An other think,is to go to Hawai and for ski
in Alphis.This is my opinion!
DIMITRIS

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion