EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Who is responsible for motivating students?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Who is responsible for motivating students?

Postby TalkingPoint » Fri Sep 26, 2003 2:49 am

Is the teacher responsible for motivating students to study? Or is it each student's own responsibility to be interested in learning?

What do YOU think?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

responsible????

Postby greg » Sat Sep 27, 2003 11:28 am

Never,never,never science starting school teacher haven't been responsible of students. That is my own opinion.
greg

motivating students

Postby tina » Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:08 am

motivating is a two- way issue
firstly the teacher has to be a motivating factor in her classroom ;she has to master her subject matter ,and know how to impact this across to students in a manner that would get interested in learning the language
tina

Motivation to learn

Postby Mobeen Shah » Mon Oct 13, 2003 1:16 pm

We as teachers of English Language are receiving students who are willing to learn English. First its our responsibility to create interest of these students to enter the language learning class, and then, generate the enthusiasm in them to continue staying in it till they have achieved what they came for.

Its like acquiring something (Student) because we (teachers) are there and then the responsibility to nurture because we have the tricks of trade-the motivation. Futher, to enhance my point of view, I would still quote the example of perenting, once you have children you have the responsibility of bringing up the best of children. You show and display the way of good parents and the children follow- if they do not know the charms of being good children they will be drifted away.

So the students have already taken the decision to learn the language.we as teachers have the rest of the responsibility to hold them till they have achieved enough to stick to it.
Mobeen Shah

Postby rr » Sat Oct 18, 2003 4:36 pm

teachers
rr

Postby jwr1919 » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:38 am

In my opinion,teachers should be responsible to thier students when in the low grade school.
jwr1919

Me - responsible for motivating students? Yeah sure!

Postby Lynne » Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:27 am

As a business English 'trainer'. I only teach adults and I always start my first lesson by telling the students I am not there to teach them English. :!:

The look on their faces is great! :shock:

I then tell them that as they are there to learn English I am more than happy to help them do that. :wink:

You can take the ESL learner to the teacher, but you can't make them learn! :)

Visit me
Lynne

motivation

Postby costadina23@yahoo.com » Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:23 pm

I believe that the teacher has to be able to motivate the students. Most students come to English classes because their parents make them. The teacher has to create an interest in the subject so that they want to learn. Otherwise they lose interest. :D
costadina23@yahoo.com

responsible

Postby xiangyan » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:03 am

I think the responsible is the basic character of person quality is not only in child but also in adult
xiangyan

Postby tracy » Wed Nov 05, 2003 12:45 am

The teacher is responsible for motivating his/her students but that really depends on the student. That is, if he/she is willing to learn.
tracy

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion