EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

What can be done about football hooliganism?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

What can be done about football hooliganism?

Postby TalkingPoint » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:11 pm

What can be done about football hooliganism? Is football hooliganism a real problem? If so, what should governments do to stop it?

hooligan (noun) = a violent (young) troublemaker
hooliganism (noun) = the action and behaviour of hooligans
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

What to do about football hooligans.

Postby Zero » Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:22 pm

Shoot them!

But first...hang, draw and quarter them.
Zero

football

Postby ttj88 » Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:42 am

they must be punished
ttj88

football

Postby ttj88 » Sat Oct 11, 2003 7:42 am

they must be punished
ttj88

Re: What can be done about football hooliganism?

Postby Guest » Tue Oct 21, 2003 11:33 am

I think that hooliganism is a social phenomenon and it's a result rather than a cause. I agree with most people ideas about the fact that they must be punished. But, 'crime and punishment' is a delicate topic. In the fact of holiganism, we should also think the real reasons under the surface such as poor life conditions, dissatisfaction in their lives, a world without love and the system that says some people 'sorry you are the victims, you have no chance to live better like others'. I think it is very hard to cope with holiganism. It needs radical solutions which may affect the source of the crime in society. You can not take holiganism apart from the other criminal events. Moreover, you can not escape from the responsibility of the crime as a member of a society.

Postby antony » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:32 pm

My opinion about the hooliganism is that hooligans sent away people from stadium and do bad to their teams.
antony

Postby Guest » Wed Oct 29, 2003 3:28 pm

sadeka behlim

hooliganism

Postby too drunk » Sun Nov 23, 2003 11:12 pm

the boys just want to have fun drinking beer and cheer! :D
too drunk

Re: What can be done about football hooliganism?

Postby awang » Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:03 am

Talking Point wrote:What can be done about football hooliganism?

Some people think that football hooligans are a menace to society. They think that they should go to prison for a long time. Some countries - England, for example, where many of the hooligans seem to come from - try to stop known hooligans travelling to matches. But many people argue that this is a weak response to a serious problem.

What are your views?

Is football hooliganism a real problem?
If so, what should governments do to stop it?

hooligan (noun) = a violent (young) troublemaker
hooliganism (noun) = the action and behaviour of hooligans
:D
awang

:)

Postby Golgotha » Mon Dec 15, 2003 8:04 am

It's their own bussiness I think. If the law is unable to punish 'em, let them be 8) .
Golgotha

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion