EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Holidays are a waste of time.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Liven Up Your Holidays

Postby Angela » Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:48 pm

For those of you that are looking for ways to improve your English Language but do not want to spend weeks in the UK, Elite English is on location in Italy running a range of courses to meet your needs.

Whether you come alone, or with your family, Elite English will provide you with the holiday of a life time in Italy - and your english will improve without you even knowing it!

Contact Elite English for more details at the email address below:

maurizio@todays.co.ke
Angela

Postby eliana » Fri Sep 26, 2003 11:59 am

No I don't think that holidays are a waste time. They are useful in one's life. You can relax can travel can learn a lot of things during your holidays. You can relax your mind after a long period of work or study. And this way you can feel yorself more energic and full of force to go on at your daily life.
Without them all the people will be bored, tired.
So let's vote for THE HOLIDAYS.
Let's the holidays be longer in uor life.
Bye Eliana
eliana

Holidays are a waste of time!

Postby Hoong » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:10 am

[color=violet][/color] : :lol:
In my opinion'I think after we work hard or concentrate on doing something for a long time we should have a break then we can relax and have our brains rest for a while. It is good for your health also. It is like we try to maintain all our body parts so we can effecienly use them longer. Ater I have a holiday and then come back to work. I feel like a robot which just get a new recharge battery. I feel great and do enjoy working and dealing with people. [b][/b]
Hoong

Holidays are a waste of time!

Postby Hoong » Wed Oct 22, 2003 11:12 am

[color=violet][/color] : :lol:
In my opinion'I think after we work hard or concentrate on doing something for a long time we should have a break then we can relax and have our brains rest for a while. It is good for your health also. It is like we try to maintain all our body parts then we can effecienly use them longer. Ater I have a holiday and then come back to work. I feel like a robot which just gets a new recharged battery. I feel great and do enjoy working and dealing with people. [b][/b]
Hoong

holiday is waste of time

Postby tuliketon » Sat Nov 08, 2003 11:41 am

I think holiday is not waste of time
Because they help us widden our knowlege
not only that but also help us more and more active in many social life . Help us widden the way of our looking.I think people all of the world should take more tour to as much place as possiple
And the important thing is that travelling is easy way help many company increase there benefit.
HElp country improve and earn money .
:roll:
I used to read on my book about holiday nowaday.
they said that:
" Most people all of the world enjoy traveling
Many country also make a great effort to encorage the tourism ."
tuliketon

it all depends

Postby season_jone@yahoo.com.cn » Sun Nov 09, 2003 9:36 am

i think it all depends on the situation u r in.just take myself as an example,when i'm in work ,i'm so eager for a holiday cause my work is tirig,i even haven't any time to have a break in the 8 hours,i need a holiday to have myself fully relaxed,i t's a need deeply from my body and mind!
but when i came back to the college to continue my graduate course,i suddenly have enough time tospend: read or entertainment etc.especially this semeter,i have 1 year to complete my article,1 year!without lessons without homework,without anybody's forcement,everyday is a holiday!but,things wasn't so nice as it looks,cause if u haven't enough business to enrich your life ,then a holiday will be a waste of life!even every day is a waste of your life!
season_jone@yahoo.com.cn

Postby carnation » Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:41 am

work hard and play hard
carnation

Holidays a waste of time?

Postby kirk » Sun Nov 23, 2003 7:50 pm

I think holidays are not waste of time, beacuse those days you share with your family or friends. However, I think that holidays are waste of money, because when we give a gift, moslikely that such gift would not feet the other person's taste or appeal. But, it is the local economy the real winner, because during this season, which is the largest and profitable of all seasons, most business and local economies get back some money that has been lost during prior seasons.
But, what about those less fortune individuals that do not have the money to buy gifts for their family or friends? So, is holidays for everyone or just for some people? Does holidays make happy or sad to people?
kirk

Re: holiday is waste of time

Postby alfandega » Mon Nov 24, 2003 10:53 am

member wrote::roll: i think this is have two face of this topic,
i think the first face is
:twisted: it's good. because after a long time to study, we feel very tired .
And we want to go some where else to change the air,
To have a fresh air,
if we thin travel is waste of time so why do many country are opening their,travelism,
Example in Vietnam. we are opening the travelism, as viettravel. and attracted many tourism. come here and now my country is proving ,
if travel is waste of time so no want will come to my country and our economy will descrease.

:( the other side of this topic is if we just travel too much so our brain will not open and it made our thinking lost. so and then we are not inteligent anymore,. travel made us lazy in thinking ,
alfandega

Re: holiday is waste of time

Postby alfandega » Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:14 am

this is have two face of this topic,
i think the first face is
:twisted: it's good. because after a long time to study, we feel very tired .
And we want to go some where else to change the air,
To have a fresh air,
if we thin travel is waste of time so why do many country are opening their,travelism.
[/quote]
alfandega

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion