EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Should pet owners be responsible for their pets' behaviour?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Animals

Postby Shanghai Phillip » Tue Oct 21, 2003 9:15 am

Hello Everyone:
"Pets," companion animals, reflect the nature (behavior) of the person taking care of the animal. If the animal if raised gently they will behave gently. Almost all animals who are kept as "pets" will not harm others if they are being taken care of properly. It is the owners RESPONSIBILTY and duty to do this. Animals have feelings and can feel pain. So, please, take care of animals, give them shelter, feed them, and they will be nice to everyone.
Shanghai Phillip

animals and animosity

Postby erikawe » Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:20 pm

I found the talking point about animals very well organised and useful for a conversation class at intermediate to high.intermediate level.

Thanks
Erika
erikawe

pets should be trained well

Postby muafiqur_roi » Wed Oct 22, 2003 6:28 am

the owners should be responsible in case their pets harm people. in my opinion pets are animals , and animal is not a mankind. However tamed they are or how well they are trained the are still animal, and they sometimes loose their good behaviour, cos human being even sometimes loose their mind. So whey they are out, they should be under control of their owners. Problems occured due to the pets, it's the owners responsibility.

Thanks,
Roi
muafiqur_roi

Re: Animals

Postby Neniuxss » Wed Oct 22, 2003 1:30 pm

Shanghai Phillip wrote:Hello Everyone:
"Pets," companion animals, reflect the nature (behavior) of the person taking care of the animal. If the animal if raised gently they will behave gently. Almost all animals who are kept as "pets" will not harm others if they are being taken care of properly. It is the owners RESPONSIBILTY and duty to do this. Animals have feelings and can feel pain. So, please, take care of animals, give them shelter, feed them, and they will be nice to everyone.

Hello!
I totally agree with you! Pets are wonderful creatures....but clearly, not everyone should be allowed to have one. If something bad happens, It is the human's responsability, not the animal's.If one has had the pleasure of bonding with one's pet, one understands the joy and the worries its company carries.
People who do not like animals should`nt own any.
I totally agree with the quote: "Children are for people who cannot have pets."

Best regards.
Neniuxss

pets

Postby costadina » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:43 pm

I have a pet dog, she wouldn't hurt a fly. She has never bitten or scratched anyone on purpose. However, like all animals she will attack if threatened. If a normally friendly pet is abused, it will turn against that person who abuses it. There are some animals that are aggressive in nature, though. Some breeds are used for protection. These should definately be kept muzzled. There have been to many instances when a "pet" pit bull or doberman bit or maulled a person. In those cases the owners were responsible. As to having pets put away, only if they have rabies.
costadina

Postby A.Junior » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:04 am

Sometimes, it's very dangerous to have pets at home. The cats, the dogs, the parrots must be well trainned in order to not bitting people.
A.Junior

animals

Postby blacky » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:52 am

I was born in a little village and my parents had
a farm. We had cows, chicken, sheeps. Sheeps are
not studpid. They always came home alone and knew
exactly, where their food is.
blacky

what thw

Postby Graham » Fri Oct 31, 2003 7:30 pm

:twisted: anyway happy halloween i am looking for whyt dangourus pets should not be kept as pets for an english project so What the heck am i doing here 'm in 7th grade
Graham

ANIMALS & ANIMOSITY

Postby eucheria » Wed Nov 05, 2003 7:33 pm

I thank all the English Club members for welcoming and making one of them.

I want to say that animals tame or wild are originally created to be subject unto man. The ones man is able to tame supose to be a helper and friendly to man.

The dangerous ones like dog, snake, lion, etc. should be guided. The ones that need leads be given leads or bridle and the ones that should be chained be chained. If by any reason any of these animals grows wild and unfriendly, cursing accidents, the owner should be blamed :idea: .

Thanks
eucheria
eucheria

pets are wonderful!!!

Postby silvia » Wed Nov 12, 2003 6:42 pm

Hi everyone!!
Definitely this is a wonderful time to tell you that even our small or big pets are with us all the time, they feel, they feel hungry and sometimes angry though :wink: so, for this reason, it is very important that we as part of their family are nice to them and of course they will appreciatte that too and respond in the same way. :) bye, bye, Silvia from Mexico
silvia

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion