EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Corruption exists in ALL countries and societies.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Corruption exists in ALL countries and societies.

Postby TalkingPoint » Tue Aug 05, 2003 4:14 pm

Corruption exists in ALL countries and societies. There has always been corruption and there always will be corruption.

--
corruption: dishonest behaviour in return for money or personal gain
inevitable: certain to happen; unavoidable
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

why corrupt

Postby seewhome » Fri Sep 05, 2003 1:21 am

power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely
8) 8) 8)
seewhome

Re: why corrupt

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 23, 2003 1:35 pm

seewhome wrote:power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely
8) 8) 8)
Man by nature is a political animal

Corruption exist in everywhere

Postby Milly » Fri Oct 17, 2003 3:33 am

I think corruption exist in everywhere. In magazine, radio, TV, we heard too much about who corrupt. Who has big power ,who has big volume corruption, who has small power, who may has small volume corruption.
A few days ago, I saw a sitcom about criminal. in it, a role said one word:
I look down on these men who have corruption. Today,I heard from my colleague. They must be validate by the certain authority before our products will be exported. but a few days later, the procedure hasn't completed, while the products are eager to be exported as the customer require. So my company gave money to the missionary in the authority.
To my surprising, this matter is finished at once. This corruption happened aroud me. The missinary receive money, and then help us to finish this procedure. My colleague said: if you don't give money to them, this procedure must spend some days.
Milly

corruption exists in every country

Postby tina » Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:06 am

Corruption by its very definition is part of every homo-sapien.Man in an attempt to have anything corrupts either in kind, cash ,or action.When you require services from someone you sometimes plead with him/her.These services are given to you EVEN when visibly you don,t deserve it because your smile or words have been convincing enough, those words have corrupted the person who has rendered the services to you.
There are cases where you give money to acquired undeserved favours,that as well is corruption.
The fact about corruption is that you are being favoured when you actually shouldn,t be.This canker worm runs through the crux of all societies,think of the last presidential election in the supposed most democratic country of the world.Turn an eye to the cause of the most recent California recall and its result! Who says corruption is reserved for some?
tina

Corrumtion

Postby kirk » Sat Nov 22, 2003 10:06 pm

Corrumption is all over the world and as long as man is alive, corrumption will exist. Develop and developing countries has and have experienced some degree of government corrumption. However, more corruption is practiced by some government officials from developing countries, due to their short post period.
I was reading an article about the current ongoin corruption in Ecuador.
It is believe that the current president's campaign was funded with drug traffickers money, while the Congress is now debating now whether to impeach or not the President.
In Russia, its richest man is in jail due to tax evasion in one billion dollars. In Venezuela, president Chavez has difficulties to remove elite people from the government. Venezuela is polarized country as Argentina is. Three weeks ago, China announced labor wrong doing and practices in some of its northwest provinces.
CEO's from developed countries, like the United States, have been practiced for years the habit of inflate its companies financial statements to atract investors.
Although most countries try to be in transparent position and form, they find so difficult to keep such image, mainly because corrupmtion is practiced by the government officials for very log time, making hard for new officials to break such onion ring corrumption.
kirk

Re: Corrumtion

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:36 pm

kirk wrote:Corrumption is all over the world and as long as man is alive, corrumption will exist. Develop and developing countries has and have experienced some degree of government corrumption. However, more corruption is practiced by some government officials from developing countries, due to their short post period.
I was reading an article about the current ongoin corruption in Ecuador.
It is believe that the current president's campaign was funded with drug traffickers money, while the Congress is now debating now whether to impeach or not the President.
In Russia, its richest man is in jail due to tax evasion in one billion dollars. In Venezuela, president Chavez has difficulties to remove elite people from the government. Venezuela is polarized country as Argentina is. Three weeks ago, China announced labor wrong doing and practices in some of its northwest provinces.
CEO's from developed countries, like the United States, have been practiced for years the habit of inflate its companies financial statements to atract investors.
Although most countries try to be in transparent position and form, they find so difficult to keep such image, mainly because corrupmtion is practiced by the government officials for very log time, making hard for new officials to break such onion ring corrumption.

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:59 am

Curruption destroy the fainth of people,they can't believe their goverment again,in some developing countries,curruption even become a weapon to defeat politic enemy,because there is no one to be clean.

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion