EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Bomb Attacks. What do they achieve?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Bomb Attacks. What do they achieve?

Postby TalkingPoint » Fri Nov 21, 2003 12:54 pm

What do bomb attacks achieve? People sometimes plant bombs in non-military targets (airports, banks, buses...) for political reasons. What justification can be given for such attacks?

English Checker
bomb: a container of explosive or incendiary material that explodes and causes serious damage
achieve: to bring about, to accomplish
plant a bomb: to place a bomb in a certain position ready to explode
justification: good reason, good excuse
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:00 am, edited 3 times in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

Postby bluestone » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:11 pm

It's really a tragedy that some people always think force can solve any problem.
bluestone

i hate the war!

Postby mimiseaflame » Sat Nov 22, 2003 5:39 pm

i hate the war!
Last edited by mimiseaflame on Mon Nov 24, 2003 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
mimiseaflame

Re: bomb attacks

Postby Sergio » Sat Nov 22, 2003 8:26 pm

costadina23 wrote:[bI believe that bomb attacks are a terrible thing. It seems that every time we turn on the TV we hear of one. It shows to me that those people are so desparate or determined to kill the "enemy" that they sacrifice their own lives as well. Maybe if world leaders could look for the root of the problem, ie, poverty, racism, etc. and try to solve them., maybe then bomb attacks will stop. In my opinion, the war in Iraq hasn't stopped, it has just opened new "fronts" in other parts of the world, where next? Sincerely, costadina :!: ][/b]
I think, war is a bad thing to do.
Sergio

BOMB TREATH

Postby NOURA » Sun Nov 23, 2003 12:33 pm

Everyone at everywhere in this world needs to live in peace and with full happiness. In today's world we can hardly tell who is right and who is wrong. Everyone is doing his fight. While some use a sophisticated weapons others are carrying out terrorsit attack with small weopons but hit the moral of millioms of people. Clean war doesn't exist and innocent people will continue to died. Ahmed
NOURA

Re: bomb attacks

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 23, 2003 10:02 pm

By planting abomb to certain place does not help terorist archice their aims in long term. Many Innocient people had always been ruined by that cruel attacks in the past without knowing what they were murrdered.

Postby Pacotha » Mon Nov 24, 2003 1:31 am

Bomb attacks is a bad situation for everybody that knew this news. I have been regretted when i knew. It is wicked action not only for political reason but also all reason. I condemn that action. It should not happen and pepole of world must be teached about the huminity and real Islam.
Pacotha

Bomb Attack

Postby Khan » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:25 am

my
Last edited by Khan on Tue Nov 25, 2003 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khan

bombing

Postby nageen » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:35 am

bombing can assist planters in multiple capacities. A suicidal bomber in Kashmir helps his fellows by burning to ashes an indian headquarter, a bus has a bomb planted in it to cause terrorism and a prime minister is killed by bombing. so bombing is taking place from war to the parliamentary levels.
terrorism is the weapon of weak!! but can a poor and meek afford to buy a bomb?? when UNO has its headquarters in Washington why is the testing of MOAB (Mother of All Bombs) taking place in Florida fields of the same country??
these are the biased and dual standards of our international bureaucracies which believes in the divide and rule policy. now the point is how to divide.....how to make two humans descendants of same biological hierarchies enemies of each other????
the answer is 'JUST BOMB THE BROTHERHOOD OUT BY BOMBING THE LOVED ONES OF ONE AND CASTE THE CRIME ON ANOTHER'!
nageen

Re: Bomb Attacks: What do they achieve?

Postby fitimi82@yahoo.com » Mon Nov 24, 2003 7:49 pm

IN A NAME OF GOD MOST MERCYFUL MOST POWERFUL

I THINK THAT THIS SUBJECT IS RIGHT THING TO DISCUSS,WHERE PEOPLE CAN EXPLAIN HIS THOUGHT.

ACCORDING TO THIS TOPIC I THINK THAT THIS IS A TERRIBLE THING TO DO ,WHERE PEOPLE CAN FIND DEATH AS A RESULTS OF SOME PEOPLE'S INTERESTS.
BUT WHAT I WANT TO SAY IS THAT HOW MAN CAN DO DO IT OR IS THERE ANY REASON WHY MAN IS DOING SUCH THINGS
I THINK THESE DAYS ONLY POOR MAN ARE DOING THESE ATTACKS I MEAN ILLNESS PEOLE,NOT POVERTY.

IN MY OPINION THE BEST SOLUTION TO STOP THESE ATTACKS ARE RELIGION LESSONS
fitimi82@yahoo.com

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion