EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Bomb Attacks. What do they achieve?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

BOMBS ATTACK ,WHAT DO THEY ACHIEVE

Postby MUMF432000 » Tue Nov 25, 2003 1:10 pm

bluestone wrote:It's really a tragedy that some people always think force can solve any problem.
[b]
BOMBS ATTACK ARE MEANT TO ACHIEVE NOTHING OTHER THAN DESTRUCTION OF INNOCENT LIVES.EVEN WHEN THINGS ARE GOING THE WRONG WAY ,THE USE OF BOMBS ATTACK DOES NOT GIVE IMMEDIATE SOLUTION BUT ONLY WORSENS SITUATION.IT SHOULD HOWEVER BE NOTED THAT SELFISH AND POWER DRUNK NATIONS AND INDIVIDUALS ARE USUALLY INVOLVED AND INDULGED IN THIS TYPE OF DESTRUCTIVE ACTIVITY.EVERY ONE SHOULD BE MINDFUL OF THE FACT THAT ONCE ONE CAN NOT CREATE AN INDIVIDUAL ,ONE SHOULD REFRAIN FROM DESTRUCTIVE ACTIVITIES THAT ARE AIMED AT EXTINCTION OF HUMAN RACE .FORCE INSTEAD OF PROFERING SOLUTION WILL GO A LONG WAY IN DESTRYING EVERYTHING GOOD THAT HAD BEEN PUT IN PLACE BEFORE.EFFORTS SHOULD BE MADE TO RESORT TO FINDING PEACEFUL SOLUTIONS TO ALL HUMAN PROBLEMS FOR IF FORCE IS APPLIED ,THE BEGINNING ;EVERYONE KNOWS ,THE END NOBODY COULD PREDICT.
MARY
MUMF432000

bomb attack

Postby daizy » Wed Nov 26, 2003 5:47 am

This is an interesting subject. Anyway being a girl, I do not really like to talk about this much. I myself like to talk about daily life stories.
I hate bomb attack, and people who are only interested in planting bomb.
Daizy. :x
daizy

hi

Postby keoleakhena@hotmail.com » Thu Nov 27, 2003 4:05 am

bluestone wrote:It's really a tragedy that some people always think force can solve any problem.
:lol:
keoleakhena@hotmail.com

Postby butterfly » Thu Nov 27, 2003 10:40 am

I don't understand the reason of planting a bomb in public places. In my opinion the authoruties don't care about civilians anyway. In fact , this kind of terror horrifies the population and make the authorities say their speech which we are tired of listening. Needless to say I am completely against WAR, TERRORISM or any kind of violence.
butterfly

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 27, 2003 1:22 pm

Bomb attack is one of dangerous action of war loving people !
I really disapprove of it .

Biggest bomb attacks in history: Hiroshima & Nagasaki

Postby Tony George » Thu Nov 27, 2003 3:10 pm

Talking Point wrote:
What do you think bomb attacks achieve?

People sometimes plant bombs in non-military targets (like buses, banks, bars, airports, places of worship) for political reasons. What other reasons can you think of? What justification can be given for such attacks?

The biggest bomb attacks of all time were against civilian (ie non-military) targets. They were the atomic bombs dropped by the United States of America on Japan in 1945.

On August 6, 1945, the city of Hiroshima was the target of the first atomic bomb used against a civilian population in history. Over 100,000 people were killed in that attack, and many more wounded. Three days later, the United States of America dropped another atomic bomb over the city of Nagasaki. In total, about a quarter of a million people were killed by the two bombs.

The united States of America justified these attacks against civilian targets as a way of ending the war quickly and saving American lives. It seems, therefore, that there can be justification for attacks against non-military targets.

Footnote: Atomic bombs are "Weapons of Mass Destruction". They have never been used against civilians by any other country or organisation, either before or since.
Tony George

There is no excuse for such an action

Postby from Turkey » Fri Nov 28, 2003 9:03 am

I am from Turkey and as everybody knows,we are having violent attacks very frequently.I believe there is no justification for such a violent action.Innocent people die because of silly reasons.As a teacher,I really feel sorry for the coming generation.Unless these stupid wars end,they will unfortunately have terrible days and nobody has the right to do such a thing.I HATE WAR!
from Turkey

Peace!!

Postby Peruvian friend » Mon Dec 01, 2003 5:01 am

We need to thing about how importan for us is the world "Peace", some times we forget the love and the comprension with other people, just for money, or power, but we have responsability for the future of the children and for the integrity of the word, PLEASE!!! don't be so cruel with the humans, we have future if we thing more to live in peace.
Peruvian friend

Postby ofel (Philippines) » Mon Dec 01, 2003 6:29 am

i dont know why they've to put bomb in public places wherein some civilians would get hurt. Until now im still thinking on why they have to do that if we could only talk and solve the problem in a nice way without hurting other people. There's nothing we can do about them because i think that bombers are sent by the evils. One thing i am really sure we could help them, "pray and ask for PEACE!!!"
ofel (Philippines)

Re: Bomb Attacks: What do they achieve?

Postby kll863 » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:34 pm

what they will achieve taking the lives of innocent people

Talking Point wrote:Bomb Attacks: What do they achieve?

What do you think bomb attacks achieve?

People sometimes plant bombs in non-military targets (like buses, banks, bars, airports, places of worship) for political reasons. What other reasons can you think of? What justification can be given for such attacks?

English checker:-
bomb: a container of explosive or incendiary material that explodes and causes serious damage
achieve: to bring about, to accomplish
plant a bomb: to place a bomb in a certain position ready to explode
justification: good reason, good excuse
kll863

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion