EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do we have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

christmas

Postby lizhi » Sun Nov 16, 2003 5:45 am

Anonymous wrote:hi friends :D
i think goodness is known for everybody so all people can celebrate for goodness and for birth of one of nice humans that has lived in the world all of us can celebrate. By this we would remember that FAIR IS FAIR.
sorry i'm not good at english :oops: and maybe i couldn't say what i mean in a nice way.
bye and make it a great day. :wink:

I think so :oops:
lizhi

PEOPLE ' S CHRISMAS

Postby members » Tue Dec 02, 2003 5:36 am

Hi there !

I am a Christian and I am very disappointed if a Christmas season didn't have anyone who love the Christmas to join it. Who make a merry CHRISTMAS is the People themselves. It is the time when people around the world show their love to each other, not only just the Jesus.

8) :arrow: :roll:
Bye bye, I have a nice day.
members

Postby Guest » Tue Dec 02, 2003 11:06 am

I am from Russia and we celebrate Christmas on the 7th of January. The most celebrated holiday is New Year.
But i think it's not right. Christmas is the best holiday. Everybody must be happy this day.

Christianly

Postby Seyda » Fri Dec 05, 2003 8:44 am

ın my opinion everybody must celebrate their own festival about their religion.
Seyda

agree with most of you

Postby lienthu » Fri Dec 05, 2003 3:24 pm

I'm not a Christian but i love Christmas. It 's very sad if we don't receive any greeting card ' merry Christmas and happy newyear 'in this occations.
lienthu

Re: Do we have to be Christian to celebrate Christmas?

Postby caZ » Sat Dec 06, 2003 3:55 pm

i dont think that you have to be a christian to celebrate christmas because christmas is a time of loving and caring and whats the piont in that if only christians are celebrating it. we all need to get together and enjoy it as one big family. xxx caZ
caZ

We didn't beleive in Christmas Day.

Postby GhostGirl » Sun Dec 07, 2003 7:39 am

I am a christian, of course, I believe in what bible says. However in our religion we didn't celebrate the Christmas Day. Because we are not believe that Jesus Christ was borne in the month of December.

You will know this if u check and read the bible with understanding with the help of right preacher of god.
GhostGirl

CHRISTMAS

Postby LUCY » Mon Dec 08, 2003 11:54 am

I THINK CHRISTMAS CAN BE CELEBRATED BY ALL PEOPLE ALL OVER THE WORD NOT BECAUSE OF A RELIGION CELEBRATION BUT BECAUSE OF A BEAUTIFUL HISTORY FOR THE CHILDREN. I THINK IT IS MORE A CULTURAL REASON TO CELEBRATE IT THAN RELIGIOUS REASON. IT IS AN OCCASION TO SPEND TIME WITH ALL THE FAMILY IN FRONT OF A GOOD DINNER ANDMAKE THE CHILD ENJOY WITH THEIR TOYS. IT ALSO AN OCCASION TO DECORATE THE HOUSE AND THE STREET AT THE BIGINNING OF THE WINTER AND TO FORGET THAT THE WEATHER WILL WILL BE BAD FOR 4 MONTHS...
LUCY

Postby Guest » Thu Dec 18, 2003 8:12 am

:P I love this holiday!!! :wink: Hope, everyone will have a nice one!!!! :P :D :D :D

Postby sanhong3 » Wed Dec 24, 2003 4:36 am

Certainly not .I think all of us can cellerbrate it
sanhong3

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion