EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Ill or sick?

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Postby Ayda » Tue Mar 16, 2004 7:30 am

Hi Gina,
As far as i know that those words hasnt that different. You can use both of them as you want because they have the same different. From my limit knowlegFrom my limited knowledge all what I know that the only different between those 2 words. That one of them is British and the other is American. That’s the entire story.

However, mainly people are using the word sick rather than ill. For example you can say I feel sick, and you can say I feel ill. But manly you won’t hear people saying that as I know. There is no fault or correct one its all that I feel sick sound more nice than I feel ill

On the other hand you can say I was ill yesterday. It sound more normal than saying I feel ill. But for me I wont tell you that I will ever say I feel ill. It just like that.

That’s all I hope that I have helped you a bit, wish you all the best.

Best regards,
Ayda
A . A
Ayda

Postby Ayda » Tue Mar 16, 2004 9:09 am

HI Gina,

Well you are most welcome, yes sure we can exchange mails and if you have any question feel free to ask and i will be pleased to answer you as much as i can

Best regards,
Ayda
A . A
Ayda

Postby Ayda » Wed Mar 17, 2004 5:16 am

Hi Gina,

Well You are most welcome for any help as far as i can do it. Yes i am an English learning student, and from UAE. Well for me yes i like English but not that much. However, in the college where i study its force me to work with my English wether i like it or not. Its all that if you want to pass, you have to be good in it. That why am here using this form in a way to improve my English as well. Thats all for now.

Best regards,
Ayda
A . A
Ayda

Thanks gina for this site.

Postby mus » Wed Mar 17, 2004 11:48 am

Hi everybody, i liked very much your site gina, it's very

interesting, i just was checking it and i found very useful

exercises, i hope i'll learn more english grammar by practicing on

your site.

However i think it would be better if you put some grammar

lessons there :wink: it well be very helpful. Thanks again.

--------------------------------------------------------
"A little learning is a dangerous thing but a lot of ignorance is just as bad."
Bob Edwards
mus

Next

Return to Help Each Other with English