EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you want your own clone?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Do you want your own clone?

Postby TalkingPoint » Tue Jan 27, 2004 3:34 pm

Do you want your own clone? What are the advantages and disadvantages of cloning people?

Do you agree with the cloning of working animals such as police dogs? How do you feel about the cloning of animals that we eat, such as cows?

English Checker
cloning: the process of making a copy of an animal or other organism asexually (non-sexually)
clone: an animal or other organism that is the exact copy of another, and produced from it asexually
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

Postby snezana » Wed Jan 28, 2004 9:43 pm

I'm against cloning and wouldnt like to have my own clone...Just imagine how awful it would be, to run into your own copy just walking along some street one of these days...
Each of us is an individual personality...we are all different that's why world isn't bouring :!:
As for cloning animals, i can't make up my mind...if it would help starving people, it's good and needed...but in the other hand, cloning is against the nature..who could predict the consequences.. :?:
snezana

Postby catrenthot » Thu Jan 29, 2004 12:09 pm

I know this is evil but sometimes I wish I had a clone. Who can understand you more than yourself? Who can tallk with you like your clone? Maybe it's just like a twin?
catrenthot

Postby Kokeshi » Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:37 pm

I don't want to have a clone of myself... I think each one is an individual human being and that must be respected.
Making "copies" of someone only can bring psychological damages... For the human beings is going to be hard to see somebody else just like them and for the "clone" is going to be very difficult to find their own identity.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
Mahatma Gandhi
Kokeshi

Postby ddai130 » Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:09 am

I am always suspect of that a clone can really bring something in exact a copy . Should be some difference from the original . right ? To me ,Clone is just providing a new way for human being self -copy, re-generate . Right now it doesnot have much meaning , But it is a new technology which can't be banned and also we are unable to ban it with more and more this society developed . one day .It is destined to get into every corner of our life , Most of us will not accept it right now , But our descendant may say yes to them !
ddai130

Clone NO Never !!

Postby Adhir Garg » Thu Jun 24, 2004 12:04 pm

I feel there is so much population in world that no UNNECESSARY people for playing (for understanding) are required ...

Moreover, as you think of cloning, there are other billionaires, millionaires who think in the same way, similarly terrorists might think in the same way.. Can we really bear up the load of so many terrrorist ? The answer is NO. So we should avoid cloning. Many countries had banned cloning because of the same reason !! :(

Enjoy
Life is very short (max 100 years normally), so enjoy every moment of it

Adhir
Adhir Garg

Would you want to have your own clone

Postby chenlifen22 » Mon Jul 19, 2004 12:25 pm

definitely not.i always think i am an unique one in this world or maybe in this universe :) :) . if i have my own clone, that' not me,only someone have the same G as me. that means nothing to me. if i died one day, the clone would not instead of me. and i don't think my parents and friends will accept it as me .
chenlifen22

hmm...

Postby adriana_a » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:51 pm

I am totally against cloning!...Concerning the animal testing part or cloning I think it's a waste of time 'coz no one will ever eat cloned animals...just think of the idea of a cloned animal and you'll get sick 'coz that meat is a fake...As for me I don't want to live for ever, like over 100 years old...This life is enough for me, I don't need another one...And, above all, I'm unique!
Hello everybody! Who is interested in someone interesting...?!?
adriana_a
Silver Member

Postby Arale » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:13 pm

Cloning can help couples who are not able to give births so it is good if people use this method in a possotive way.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Arale » Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:15 pm

Cloning can help couples who are not able to give births so it is good if people use this method in a possotive way.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion