EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Most popular sport in your country

Football, rugby, swimming, tennis... Painting, fishing, stamps

Moderators: Vega, EC

Most popular sport in your country

Postby Podziomka » Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:13 am

Hey! What's the most popular sport in your country? Do you like it? You prefer playing or just watching?
Podziomka
Silver Member

Postby Pirate » Sun Aug 01, 2004 12:18 am

Here in Vietnam the King sport is Soccer!
I enjoy watching it. I used to play a little when I'm younger, then watching more than playing and now even no time for watching much :( .

I know the King in the US & the Philippines is Basket Ball. In UK it's cricket above soccer.
Right?
Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby tobyboy » Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:18 am

Hi , I am from China ,so the most popular sport is table tennis .Now many parents send their children to have a training . But I am not good at it ,I just watch .And besides,badminton is also popular here .I like playing badminton.By the way ,I also like watching tennis match.And Andy Roddick is the best tennis player in my heart .
tobyboy

Postby -Rafael- » Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:42 am

i live in Brazil. Does anybody know what is the most important sport of Brazil???? :lol:

if you thought soccer, you're right.

almost everybody here like soccer, and with me it's not different. I love soccer, both to watch and play. I play soccer every weekend.
MetallicA
-Rafael-

Postby Mandy2 » Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:41 pm

It's gotta be soccer in Germany, closely followed by formula 1.
Mandy2
Silver Member

Postby Podziomka » Mon Aug 23, 2004 7:41 pm

Thanks, for answers :) As I thought - soccer...ok. In fact, in Poland it's quite the same. We like football also volleyball, swiming and ski jumping.
Podziomka
Silver Member

Postby Fenerbahçeli » Mon Oct 11, 2004 1:55 pm

I live in Turkey. Football is the best sports in my country.

And also Fenerbahçe is the best team of Turkey :wink:
Fenerbahçeli

Postby Podziomka » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:17 pm

It really looks like football is popular everywhere :) Well, I rather prefer to watch and in fact I don't know many girls who 'd like to play that game. Football is rather for boys...
Podziomka
Silver Member

Postby viveo » Sun Nov 07, 2004 3:44 pm

In Vietnam, football is the most popular sport. If you come to Vietnam, you will see a lot of people playing football everywhere. From the pavements to alleys, children play football everyday no matter how weather is. Particularly, when the football competition is celebrated in Vietnam, you can see clearly the love of the fans. It is very exciting and friendly. When the national team wins a championship or just tight match, citizens will rush out the streets and celebrate the victory.
What is love ?
viveo

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:22 am

pirate wrote: I know the King in the US & the Philippines is Basket Ball. In UK it's cricket above soccer.
Right?

Americans love American's football, baseball, and basketball. Players from those three categories can reach millions in salary.

Next

Return to Sports & Hobbies