Salads

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Salads

Post by Dixie »

I love salads. I usually make them for myself and I have lately "invented" a new one which I named after myself. It's made of lettuce, tomato, tuna, pasta, sweet corn and boiled egg. Oh and olive oil, of course! :D It's delicious!

Does anybody else here like salads? Do you know other salad recipies? 8)
Podziomka

my recipe

Post by Podziomka »

I like salads too. I'll have to try to do yours. Once that I do (it's very easy)..You need green pea (1tin), corn (1 tin), raisins and mayonnaise. And second one:pineapple (from tin) - you have to cut it; yellow cheese - abrade on grate; raisins and mayonnaise. Thy are very good and you don't need lots of time to make them
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Thanks a lot! I don't like mayonnaise though, but I guess I can use olive oil instead. :P
Shazzam
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Shazzam »

Dixie wrote:Thanks a lot! I don't like mayonnaise though, but I guess I can use olive oil instead. :P
I made up a recipe last summer for a salad after watching Jamie Oliver on TV he uses alot of fruit in his salads and I thought what a great idea. You are only limited then by what is in season.

Try this one (mind you you have to like cheese).

Cos lettuce, one tin of sliced mango (cut up into small pieces), salad onion (red) to taste in rings, avocado (sliced), cambert cheese (sliced) and pine-nuts.

The dressing is just a little bit of balsamic vinegar mixed with a little bit of the syrup from the can of mangoes (to taste).

It is so yummy! It is a meal on it's own with a lovely glass of white wine!! 8) 8) :wink:
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

I like salad (with no lipideous sauces).

I think there are many possibilities.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.