Fast food

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Podziomka

Fast food

Post by Podziomka »

Do you like fast food? I was wondering why so many people do. In fact it isn't very good, it's fat and you feel like you want eat more after that... To be honest I eat sometimes hamburgers etc... but it is not healthy.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

If you do it once a week, that's not bad... But many people eat fast food almost every day because of their working schedule...

Post by Guest »

Only kids like fast food. Adults eat fast food because it's fast and it's cheap. That's all. Fast food such as taco bell, KFC, Jack-in-the-box are ok. They don't taste as bad as we think although they're really fatening. Kids like hamburgers because they like ketchup. I don't know why it's the reason. All my nephews and little cousins and kids I know put ketchup in their burgers like crazy. Sometimes, they even eat it alone. Weird huh? :?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Agh!!!

By the way, I love Kentucky Fried Chicken. Unfortunately, the nearest KFC restaurants are in Barcelona, and that's 170km away from my hometown. Whenever I go to Barcelona, though, I have lunch at a KFC restaurant if I can :D:D:D

Post by Guest »

:? No wonder Americans are fat. We have about 5 of them in my town not including other fast food restaurants yet.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

I remember I was shocked when I was in the US. I have never seen so many obese people together than there... :roll:

Post by Guest »

My friend was telling me a life that he'd had in Germany and how he'd seen so many pretty and skinny girls there. He said they were so energetic and strong. He even said he'd lost some weight there and his life style had changed-- his diet was more healthy than it was back then in the States.
Podziomka

Post by Podziomka »

Well, in fact I've heard a lot about fat people in USA. I even saw document about that. I think it's very popular to go to fast food and people aren't very active there.
About ketchup - I never wondered about that but - yes. You are right I remember when my brother was younger, he always used tu add lots of ketchup to everything... :?
In my area there, very close to each other are KFC, Pizza Hut &Mc Donald..but what happened in shopping centers - there you have food nerly everywhere

Post by Guest »

Where are you from?
Podziomka

Post by Podziomka »

Oh, sorry :oops: I should have said that earlier. There just wasn't ocasion - I'm from Poland and you?

Post by Guest »

Nice. I'm in the bay- San Francisco bay area, California.

Post by Guest »

Sunny, Chinese food is delicious. You guys don't need fast food. All Chinese kinda foods are healthy. To me people who eat fast food because they have no choice. For kids they like fast food because they don't know what REAL food is. I like fast food but I think they're yucky. I eat them for their differences from other real foods :?
Podziomka

Post by Podziomka »

Yes, Chinese food is very good but there is a small problem - it's not easy to do and sometimes you can't find all ingrdients in shops..:( That's why the only Chinese food that I make at home is rice with sause... :oops:

Post by Guest »

You can find all the ingredients in Asian grocery supermarkets. The best is buy the ingredients in Chinatown stores. Do you have a Chinatown in Poland?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Those who are addicted to fast food should come by and try my salads ... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... there's nothing like Mediterranean food... or it's said... The truth is it's very healthy... :D

Post by Guest »

All salads are yummy. "ooooooo Italian dressing..." I remember there was one time I tried teriyaki chicken with salads and it was still yummy :D
fia

Post by fia »

simplyblessedwithlove wrote::? No wonder Americans are fat. We have about 5 of them in my town not including other fast food restaurants yet.
Yes, I live here in the small towns in Southeast where many people love eat pastfood and they drive anywhere they need to go even just cross the road.
Some of my neighbour just 1 house after mine and she drive to my house when invited her to some gathering in my house. :roll: :roll: I dunno why?
Podziomka

Post by Podziomka »

Well, about Chinatown - we haven't got it in Poland
Salads , I like them too and in fact all Italian food is great.
Wow - I can't imagine to go to friend who lives next house by car...
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

I'm never eated fastfood, I'm never went mcdonalds and I'm never drinked cocacola. Well actually once When I waited bus, I buyed a hamburger to get warm, but...

And simplyblessed... a illustrative picture for your posts.

Post by Guest »

Yeah, the US has the most fat people on the world. When I was in my nutrition class the professor was showing a documentary about fat people in the US and the reasons that make them fat. It was documented about a Native Indian's tribe which has the most fat people compared to other races in the US.
Ok, I've been surfing around and found the link for the information that my professor provided in class. According to this article,
"...... Nowhere is that more painfully apparent than in southern Arizona, where the fattest Americans live on two Indian reservations. How and why they became obese, and what it means for the rest of us, is the subject of an intense study.

Until a couple of generations ago, the Pima and Tohono O'odham Indians of southern Arizona didn't even have a word for diabetes. But now, this preventable disease, along with obesity, is killing them. Correspondent Vicki Mabrey reports.

“When I'm on the reservation, I feel very comfortable because there's people my size walking around,” says Terrol Dew Johnson. “When I get off the reservation, I feel so fat. I feel so unhealthy, you know?”

Off the reservation, Johnson can escape the disease that’s plaguing his tribe. He’s an accomplished artist, a basket weaver whose work has been displayed by the Smithsonian. But back on the reservation, where obesity is an epidemic, he’s like everyone else....."

You can read the whole article here, http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/07/ ... 8877.shtml
It was scary to see how they gnaw on a chicken leg, ham, pork chop, etc. :roll: