mooncake

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Post by Guest »

There is a small Chinatown in Vietnam and ten years ago, my mom went to that Chinatown to study how to make mooncakes (and other Chinese dishes) from a Chinese chef. The whole course costed her $200 but it was worth it. After she finished her course, she could make the best mooncakes that I've ever eaten so far. Everytime it was near the mid-autumn month, I remember she would get a lot of orders from friends, neighbors, and customers to get her mooncakes. She made around $400-$700 each year while the ingredients and everything costed her around $200. It was a good old time! 8)

Re: mooncake

Post by Guest »

Sunny wrote: in fact, i don't like eat mooncake.for me ,it a litter sweet.
Me neither. I cannot eat mooncakes from the bakery; I could eat my mom's though. I haven't had any of hers for two years since the ingredients in the US are different than in Vietnam so it's hard for her to make them the same as she always did. She doesn't like to make them if the taste is not the same, so we have no cake. :cry:
piggy

MOON CAKE IS REALLY A GREAT TRADITION

Post by piggy »

IN HONG KONG, THERE ARE MANY DIFFERENT KINDS OF MOONCAKE.
As to satisfy those Hong Kong people, there are some modern types of mooncake. Such as, the ice- cream mooncake which looks like the traditional mooncake and some snowy mooncake with difference fillings ect.
Personally, I prefer the traditional ones, it always taste good.
Although, some people said they are too "SWEET", since it is the tradition for the Mid-Autumn Festival, so it is a must to taste it every year.
Each year, the large amount of mooncakes will caused a waste because most of us don't eat much.
It is really a pity!!! :cry:
"An unexamined life is not worth living."

Re: MOON CAKE IS REALLY A GREAT TRADITION

Post by Guest »

piggy wrote: As to satisfy those Hong Kong people, there are some modern types of mooncake. Such as, the ice- cream mooncake which looks like the traditional mooncake and some snowy mooncake with difference fillings ect.
:shock: really? How do they taste like?
piggy

Strange

Post by piggy »

they taste a bit strange...
Not as good as the tradition one :?
"An unexamined life is not worth living."