The most delicious food for you

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

maria

Post by maria »

Which kind of food do you like most? Chicken wings? Hamburgers? Ice-cream? Fish?....................?
Share your opinions in this forum,please!
maria

Post by maria »

I love :D the Japanese food, Tempura, the most. it is a Seafood and vegetables deep fried in tempura batter. If you want to know more about Tempura and learn how to make it yourself, you can visit the following web-site:
http://www.japan-guide.com/r/e106.html
Then, how about you? What is your favourite food? :?: :wink:
lydiaaaaa

Post by lydiaaaaa »

Hey!
I do also think that Tempura is a very delicious food especially the fried shrimp, when we eat the Tempura with the specific sauce, how fant it is. Also, chocolate cake is my favourite food too especially the "Black Forest"-with so many chocolate mix togather and it becomes an wonderful dessert,isn't it???????? :roll:
piggy

Dim Sum

Post by piggy »

Around the whole world, I think CHINESE FOOD is the best. Since the history of China is very long, Chinese food has its own tradition cooking method.Besides, there are lots of special kinds of food
---- such as DIM SUM... The size of dim sum is so small,so you can taste lots of them.
Moreover, there are many type of dim sum. It can suit everyone's style.
My favourite type of dim sum is the pork and shrimp dumplings, it calls 'Siu Mai' they are really tasty.If you have chance to go to Hong Kong or China, you must go to the traditional dim sum restaurant---you may also see some old man holding their birdcase with them. It is really a funny scene. :lol:
You may know more about of dim sum and the tradition of "yum cha" in this web site:
http://www.hkstreet.com/misc/dimsum.htm
"An unexamined life is not worth living."
fia

Re: The most delicious food for you

Post by fia »

I love any kinda wing special hot buffalo wing, but not really into the any burger except have no choice.

I do love fish and I can cook them as fish curry with long bean + rice, wrap fish with banana leave and grille/bake and eat with vegie+ rice and chilli sauce.

Ice cream .... who will say no for this treat ...mm yummy.
My favorite is Baskin Robin 31 ...they have in Jakarta- Indonesia and also found it here in states.

That sound like I love to cook and eat ..... :oops: I can't say which one will fav then other I love them about the same.

maria wrote:Which kind of food do you like most? Chicken wings? Hamburgers? Ice-cream? Fish?....................?
Share your opinions in this forum,please!
maria

Post by maria »

Thanks, Fia. :D I am really glad to receive your reply.Yes, that's lots of delicious food all around the world,It's hard to choose which one is the best.
By the way, have you ever been to Hong Kong? Just like what piggy said, there are lots of tasty dim sum . When I go to "yum cha", I always eat my favourite,'Beef Rice Noddles' and 'Mini Egg Tart'. The 'Egg Tart' is very crispy and the 'Beef Rice Noddles' are so smooth that they seem to glide from your mouth to your stomach.(Well, I know my description is bad.)
The best thing is that "yum cha" does not cost much, and you can sit in the Chinese restaurant as long as you like, no one will kick you out even if you have finished your meal, so it is an enjoyable place for you to chat with your friends. :)
Besides " yum cha", there are lots of snacks selling along the street in HK, like 'fishball', 'mini egg pancake','samosa'(a curry, crispy food),'shredded meat soup with rice vermicelli' etc.
If you want to know what these HK dim sum or some special food look like, you can visit the following websites, there are lots of beautiful pictures: :lol:
http://www.dimsum.com/ds1.html
http://www.hongkongscenefd1601.f4w.net/dimsum.htm

The 'shredded meat soup with rice vermicelli' is like this:
'fishball' is like this:
'mini egg pancake' is like this:
Mini Egg Tart' is like this:
'samosa' is like this:
Of course, everyone, if you want to know more about Hong Kong food or culture, you are always feel free to contact me or our HK tourist guide, piggy. :wink:
fia

Re: The most delicious food for you

Post by fia »

No problem coz I do love talk about food too. I love eat Din-sum too but there're so expensive here in States. Normally I get the chicken feet, meatball, steam tofu and fishball, dumpling and etc as long no pork inside ... just don't eat them. I think I like the samosa ...but the never seen them over here.
piggy

Street snacks

Post by piggy »

Haha...
STREET SNACKS
It is another kind of tradition of Hong Kong, I totally agree with Maria that they are very tasty. They can satisfy what you really want.In my opinion, the best street snack is "fish ball" the spicy taste is great... they maybe addictive :twisted:

Besides, they are cheap in price... :wink:

I really interested in the fish curry, fia can you tell me how to cook it.
:lol:
"An unexamined life is not worth living."
ratatatatatata

i can't choice...

Post by ratatatatatata »

we have many kind of foods ...
i can die for any food in my country...
i can tell : i am living for food :shock:
but i have no choice to say my favourite food which is one!
but i hate from hamburger or fast foods (not natural!)
Cihat KAYA
University of Istanbul
Faculty of Forestry
fia

Re: Street snacks

Post by fia »

[quote="piggy"]
I really interested in the fish curry, fia can you tell me how to cook it.
:lol:

Fish Curry;

ingredients;
1 red snapper/tilapia
1 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp galanga powder
1 tsp tumeric
15 red chillies
5 glove red onion
3 glove garlic
3 candle nut
500ml coconut milk from 1 pc coconut
1 tsp vegie oil
1 tsp salt
and plus the bay leave, lemongras, lime leave

how to cook;
Clean up the fish inside & out and give lime juice and salt then grade/blender all the spicies.

1. Heat wok/pan and pour the oil and wait till the getting warm
2. put the spicies in and stir them and till smell good
3. pour the coconut milk and give the bay leave, lemongras, lime leave and stir them until boil
4. put the fish in and cover them for 25 minutes or until the fish really cook.
Then ready to serve them with rice.
:idea: :lol:

Post by Guest »

Samosa is Indian or Pakistanist food.
S_for_Smile

Post by S_for_Smile »

I love ice-cream very very much especially the taste of durian....haven't u guys try it??? I did been try the durian taste in SYD...very very nice...
Chocolate is my favourite as well especially with hazelnut (maybe spelling wrong)...the hazelnut chocolate in SYD is the best and they only sold in winter time....strange??