EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Childred

Postby kirk » Sat Nov 22, 2003 11:25 pm

I believe that children are the future assets of thier countries. However, few countries really take care of children by providing proper education, housing and health care. But in many countries, especially in developing countries, child labor is very much practiced. Children cannot go the school, instead they have to help financially at home and earn money by selling themselves or by picking up from dampers suppose useful items and sell them later.
One thirh of the population earns less that a dollar a day, and african children before they reach the age of four are simply dead. It is estimated that 2,500 children in african died every day. We all know the statistics of it, but those in power do nothing to prevent those casualties. Rich or developed nations area racing to conquer the oceans and the space instead of putting their hands on a human being.
We really do not care any more. After all their lives are of insignificance. Well, that is wrong. We lucky that have food and shelter every day.
We think in ourselves first, possible in ourselves again, and nothing about anybody else.
We have lost the sense of human values. We have transformed ourselves to material items first then in humans. Dignity and family values are old fashion. What a petty.
kirk

Postby bluestone » Sun Nov 23, 2003 3:46 am

This world changed so fast in the last ten years.It's a crazy decade in the elder eyes.Now Chidren receive more information from Tv,internet,cartoon,movies,etc which we even won't imagine in our childhood.I don't hope child grow up in such a circumstance full around violence,sexy.We should give children a clean,healthy life style.
bluestone

Postby fallen » Fri Dec 19, 2003 8:50 am

becuz they r well fed n educated...i dunno im not sure
fallen

do u think Children are grown so quickly?

Postby mona » Tue Feb 24, 2004 6:14 pm

According to my won point of view i think that kids now a day with the whole revolutionary inventions and with the wide use of internet and digital world wide satelites i guess its hard now a days to find pure and inoocent kids as the old days .. every thing in this whole whorld makes them grow so fast ..and its some what unfaire for them coz here comes the parents role which so much pressure now is been held on them in keeping thier kids a way of some dangerous curves
Mona
mona

Oh yes!

Postby adriana_a » Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:57 pm

Oh yes, definately! I look at myself and nowadays teenagers...we look almost the same; well it's even worse...'coz they look more mature than me..hehe...I think they've lost that essential part of their life, childhood 'coz of TV, computers, Internet etc. They don't know how is to be a child...those innocent games...
Hello everybody! Who is interested in someone interesting...?!?
adriana_a
Silver Member

Postby Arale » Thu Sep 30, 2004 3:00 pm

The living standard is significantly improved each day so that children grow up so quickly is so normal.They are also more clever than us.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Gloria » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:56 pm

I do think that nowadays children are growing up too quickly to certain extent. What I mean is their phsycology .
I think it is because the world is growing too fast, children can have more opportunities to recive and contact with many modern achivements , such as via the mass media, TV programmes, internet, newspaper, etc..
All these mass media provide a lot of new information to them which I think is good to them. However, not all the informations are positive, so I hope their parents can help them to define what is good and what is bad but not just let them to get
all the information which are provided to them.
Gloria

Postby Arale » Sun Nov 07, 2004 8:28 am

I do think that nowadays children are growing up too quickly to certain extent. What I mean is their phsycology .

Gloria, you are right.Chirdren grow up quickly in both physical and spiritual aspects.They are taller than us, bigger than us and may be clever than us(I am not sure, however :roll: ).In my country,they also love at a much younger age than our generation as well. :wink:

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Look at our society

Postby skhaiblu » Sun Nov 07, 2004 11:28 am

Look at our society. There are wars, terrorist and so on. It surely affects how our children grow. In fact, there's always a changing of era. So, the way society define things is different now. Children nowadays grows up quickier compared with decades ago, whether it's mentality and physiological.
skhaiblu

Nowadays, children have more chance to do a lot of things

Postby ndt7981 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 7:24 am

Ten years ago and back then, each family had five or six children, even more. But nowadays, each family only has one or two children, so they have a good education and have more chance to do a lot of things
ndt7981

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion