EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Blind peoples dreams

Postby kenji » Sat Aug 07, 2004 7:40 am

I was wondering about the question about blind people dreaming, does anyone have any facts about how they dream.
What do their dreams look like or are their dreams more audio based...?
kenji

about dreams...

Postby kenji » Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:34 am

Hey! im not sure if i do believe in dreams or not but i think they are amzing. think about it. you are not awake but you see images. it's also in color! and did you read about the discussion about dream in "TP Homework?" well i read it and i thought it was pretty interesting, so if you havent read it yet, go and check it out. anyways, what i wanted to say was, in that discussion, i read about interpretations about dreaming of "teeth," and it's amazing how our dreams connect on a subconscious level....dream on!
Kenji of Japan
kenji

dream a little dream

Postby kenji » Thu Aug 12, 2004 10:49 am

I believe that dreams mean something. I think our desires, our unconscience wishes, situations of what you presently are and an escape from reality manifests itself every night. See you in my dreams.
Chappy
kenji

Postby Arale » Thu Aug 12, 2004 2:13 pm

As I know ,dreams reflect our daily life . If a person think much of one thing he can dream at night . Dreams also reflect our heath . A healthy person usually has nice dreams while tired or sick one has nightmare .
I sometimes dream the same one what happened when I was a child .That dream was my childhood's desire .That wish have not been true yet and maybe it will be on dreams forever but wherever I think of that desire on my dreams it seems bring me more strength to go on !
If you have a nice dream ,congrat!
If you have a nightmare ,don't worry much .It says nothing !Your life is still beautiful !

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Ika » Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:44 pm

I do believe dreams mean a lot, I am just too blind to see it. :? Seriously, some time ago I got interested in these things, and read a lot about dreams, interpreting dreams, and so on. But I didn't go too far into it, because there are more important things I have to learn :P like how to teach English . :P One thing i don't like- those books with suggestions how to interpret dreams, they are nonsense for me, i think dreams are too personal to be put into a book, so making them general. But if we are smart enough, dreams can warn us, they can tell us something is going to happen, good or bad. / in my country people say- if you see fish in your dream, you will get money . Hmm, believe it or not. I wish you all have a lot of "fish" dreams / :wink:
"To know nothing is bad, to learn nothing is worse."
Ika
Silver Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Aug 21, 2004 1:50 pm

I never thought dreams meant anything. They're just dreams. :roll:
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Guest » Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:19 pm

I've found this website is really interesting...
It explains more about dreams and the meanings...
http://www.dreamgate.com/dream/library/
do_dreams_have_meaning.htm

Postby paradise » Sun Oct 03, 2004 2:49 am

hi
i think that our dreams can be just a reflection to our thinking
The one who guides to something good has a reward similar to its doer
paradise
Silver Member

Postby Waqar » Wed Oct 06, 2004 1:50 am

I think the word "dream" does not only refer to visions, which occur when we are asleep. It can also refer to an ambition or an ideal state of affairs. Every person on earth dreams every night. It follows then that something extremely important must be going on while we sleep and dream, yet in the industrialized world, the majority of people pay little attention to dreams, and sometimes shortchange themselves on sleep because it is perceived as lost time, or at best unproductive.
There is overwhelming evidence that they can be harvested to improve waking life, supporting Shakespeare's age-old claim by Mac Beth that sleep and dreams are the "chief nourishes in life's feast". Dreams do indeed offer opportunities for fun, adventure, wish fulfillment and creativity, deep personal insight and healing and all this at no cost and with no line-ups!

Therefore, I believe that our dreams mean something.

Postby vivian_1987 » Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:41 pm

Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Can you remember your dreams? What was the last dream you had?

Have you ever had a prophetic dream? What was it about? Do you believe that dreams can help us predict the future?

I do believe that our dreams mean something, often they reveal the deepest things in our heart or the things that are bothering us at the moment.
I have had some very special dreams, they always repeat themselves every couple of months.
In my last dream, i saw myself meeting with my friend-Maria Shibata from elementary school, in my dream i've finally been able to find her!
She still looks like she was in elementary school. Perhaps this is one of my regrets that i was not able to keep in touch with her and have not been able to contact her in any way. This bothers me and therefore she often visits me in my dreams.
Another dream i often have is where i see myself flying. I always have this feeling that we can all fly, it's just that we don't realize it. This is just all fantasy.
Our dreams can be seen as a place to escape from reality , or simply a place where we can imagine. We can fly , we can dance , we can be billionaires in our dreams. It brings a lot of enjoyment to be able to dream about things that could not possibly happen to us in real life
vivian_1987

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion