EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Corruption exists in ALL countries and societies.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

asia

Postby asia » Sun Nov 23, 2003 1:21 pm

I also think that corruption exists in our everyday life. especially in Poland I mean our politicians are too weak and I think that's why our economy went under.That's all I've wanted to say. :(
asia

Coruption and how can it be prevented

Postby mjivoin » Mon Dec 08, 2003 10:15 am

I think that coruption is a resoult of the communist regime. The communist regime were creating a certain low life-style, in dis way people were equal becouse everyone lived in the same way.
The system controlled everything. In this case human necesityies were exceeded so they had to do something like to corupt someone in order to live more than normal life.
This example is common for all the poor countries especialy were the communist regime had a big rol for meny years.
The human nature and his necesityies are unpredictable and if you try to cut those rights it will find a way to cross that limit even if is necesary to corupt someone.
In rich countries with well organized democracy there are not so meny cases of coruption only because of their way of life and and respect of law.
For me to corupt someone means to obtain something ilegal or a favour from someone in change of money or other things, and I don't think that is a coruption when you are satisfyed with someone's work or after you obtained something you reworde him with some nice gift ore something like that.
In order to prevent coruption we have to have a law for that and in orde to respect that law the people has to live a decent life-style, but that depends also of the nations mentality, and if they had a "brain wahs" during the comunist period is wery hard to prevent the coruption.
mjivoin

corruption is exists in all countries and societies

Postby mona » Thu Mar 11, 2004 1:36 pm

think that Corruption has never been related to some societies but i believe where we can see less morality and less faith ..then we can say there is a corruption ..as long as one is sticking on God and goodness there would be no corruption as human r tempted by so many things in this life and as human there is a fight between goodness which is the angelic soul of human and devilish part of human soul ..the winner is the one who would drive human to the anticipated deeds ..so when there is good and strong faith then there is less corruption and vise versa..but after all may God shows his mercy on consequences which those who r responsible for society corruption made.
Mona
mona

Postby Mandy2 » Wed Mar 17, 2004 7:05 pm

Yep, it exists everywhere. Germany got just recently another proof. The president of the German soccer club 1860 Munich was arrested on suspicion of taking bribes from a company that won the bid to build the new arena, one of the showcase stadiums for the 2006 World Cup finals in Germany. He and some others were accused of involvement in a 'shadowy' exchange of sealed bids for the construction contract for the new arena and of participating in illegal payments for the information.
You know how it is ... as long as those cases do not grab the publics attention, people will act as if there isn't any problem. But to combat corruption isn't easy, you need skilled investigators etc.
Anyway, I'm off for now.
Travel is fatal to prejudice and narrow-mindedness.
Mandy2
Silver Member

Postby Arale » Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:19 pm

Corruption is a great reason of poverty.How sad it is quite common in the world,especially in the poor countries.Many leaders take the advantage of their status to corrupt.They are overrich due to the money that the poor should be supported. :evil: Oh, aren't they ashamed when they talk they are people's servants? Aren't they ashmed of their sweet promises?

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby viveo » Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:31 pm

Arale wrote: Oh, aren't they ashamed when they talk they are people's servants? Aren't they ashmed of their sweet promises?
_Arale_

Yeah you said what i thought. Unfortunately, today corruption becomes a obvious thing and unavoidable. No leaders can say they really do not corrupt . A key thing is they corrupt large or small bribe in total. We said a lot about the corruption but whenever you wonder if you were them, what would you do ? And who knows, you would take bribes if you were them..
What is love ?
viveo

Postby MissLT » Sat Jul 02, 2005 2:13 am

Money talks, $h!t walks; therefore, bribing is necessary, to them :roll: .
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby shokin » Sun Jul 03, 2005 8:38 pm

Corruption begins when you have any business (not only with money) with anyone.

And when there are some victims (you know or don't know so).

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion