EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Arale » Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:13 pm

I had a strange dream that became true then.I had dreamed of seeing an old friend and she appeared some days after that. I was so surprised and don't know why.It was really magical.

_Arale_
Arale
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

I ever got a dream

Postby meiya » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:53 pm

I dreamed I was sitting in the end of a train.And a voice told me that I must remember the number "94313" in my heart,than i would be safe.
When i woke up,i can still remember the number "94313",and suddenly i found that its form is very similiar to the word "Jesus" in some way.Then i read this number in chinese(you know i am a chinese),to my surprise,it sounds so similiar to the pronuncation of Jesus!!!
meiya

sure

Postby meiya » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:57 pm

Sure i believe that dreams have the ability to prodict the future.
meiya

Postby Pirate » Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:29 pm

Nothing can predict the future, and so can't dreams!

My dreams are always a mixture, and a lot of funny things, such as a math teacher teach us football! But sometimes my dreams bring amazing feelings and I feel them very real, like once I rode on a horse in my dream, I can never forget what I felt!
Pirate
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Anta » Fri Nov 19, 2004 7:27 am

I can remenber my dream,althogh I don"t think the dram can forcast the future,but I often have the feel that what I have doing had taken place in my mind
Anta

let me just tell you..

Postby shatha » Fri Jan 14, 2005 11:16 pm

Hello everyone..
Actually I don't speak English very well but I'd like to share you in this discussion..
I am Muslim and I do believe that our dreams mean something but not all dreams. Why? Because the dreams are three kinds :-
1. Confused Dreams which refer to the devil's cunning and cheat.
2. Dreams results from what we think about in our wake .
3. An afflatus from Allah (The God) to the person.
The dreams of the prophets were all truth because it's from Allah. We read many stories about this in Islam.
The pious and good person rarely see confused dreams because the devil rarely could affect on them.
The prophet Mohammed said that if someone so nice dream he should thanks Allah because it was from Allah and there is no problem to tell the people about his nice and lovely dream BUT if he( or even she ) saw a hateful dream that means it's from the devil and he shouldn't narrate it to anyone except after three days since he saw that dream ; that if he still want to narrate it. Do you know why? *actually I don't know how to explain that in English but I'm going to try and hopefully you can get the point.* now why? Because if you saw a hateful dream and then you tell someone about it and he expound the ream in bad way just from his imagination or even you did it may really happen. So, in this situation you should expound it in good way. That doesn't mean that it will happen like you expounded but it's better than you expound it in bad way then it really happen . ( hopefully you understand what I mean , if you don't please ignore this part  ) everything is clear in Islam.

In conclusion I would like to say that it's wrong way that you explain your dream by reading the books which included some specific explanation because it differs form one to one. Even if two persons dreamed the same dream it may doesn't mean the same meaning may be because the first one is married and the other one is single so it is going different.
Thank you ..

Never too old to learn
shatha

Re: let me just tell you..

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:37 am

shatha wrote:Hello everyone..
Actually I don't speak English very well but I'd like to share you in this discussion..
I am Muslim and I do believe that our dreams mean something but not all dreams. Why? Because the dreams are three kinds :-
1. Confused Dreams which refer to the devil's cunning and cheat.
2. Dreams results from what we think about in our wake .
3. An afflatus from Allah (The God) to the person.
The dreams of the prophets were all truth because it's from Allah. We read many stories about this in Islam.
The pious and good person rarely see confused dreams because the devil rarely could affect on them.
The prophet Mohammed said that if someone so nice dream he should thanks Allah because it was from Allah and there is no problem to tell the people about his nice and lovely dream BUT if he( or even she ) saw a hateful dream that means it's from the devil and he shouldn't narrate it to anyone except after three days since he saw that dream ; that if he still want to narrate it. Do you know why? *actually I don't know how to explain that in English but I'm going to try and hopefully you can get the point.* now why? Because if you saw a hateful dream and then you tell someone about it and he expound the ream in bad way just from his imagination or even you did it may really happen. So, in this situation you should expound it in good way. That doesn't mean that it will happen like you expounded but it's better than you expound it in bad way then it really happen . ( hopefully you understand what I mean , if you don't please ignore this part  ) everything is clear in Islam.

In conclusion I would like to say that it's wrong way that you explain your dream by reading the books which included some specific explanation because it differs form one to one. Even if two persons dreamed the same dream it may doesn't mean the same meaning may be because the first one is married and the other one is single so it is going different.
Thank you ..

This is unbelievable! :roll:

why?

Postby shatha » Sat Jan 15, 2005 9:29 pm

hi simplyblessedwithlove

why it's unbelievable?? which part you did not believe it exactly ? it's real i swear to God it's all truth .. tell me just tell me what made you say that it's unbelievable i can explain more to you ( i hope :) )
Never too old to learn
shatha

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion