EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: childern grow quickly

Postby luckygirl9 » Mon Nov 08, 2004 1:10 pm

sandeep wrote: This is precisely because of the unbelievable kind of knowledge exposure which they are getting now a days .This knowledge exposure is mainly in the form of media exposure.

I absolutely agree with this opinion which point out the principle reason why children grow so quickly nowadays,they are under stress!Well,maybe not in every country has such situations,I can just say in China,the compete on studies has even expanded to kindergarten children!Parents make them attend various kinds of lessons at weekends,such as drawing,paino,English,Maths contest trainings and many,so we can hear children complaining about their black weekends or holidays,for they even don't have enough time of their own.They can't do the things they are dying to do,just holding out with friends,listening to music,matching up the pictures...Too many lessons will shorten their freedom and then go straight to cut down their creative power as well as spontaneity.
However,standing at the side of our parents,we may learn about how axious they are!In order to portray their child in their imagnative modal,they can spent most or all of the money on that.They may don't care about what his child drawed from something from the lessons or trainings,they will insist their behaviors.
In this society,we know the eliminate rate is becoming higher and higher which pushes us to catch up with the main tide,to learn more knowledge you need even if you are busy working.As parents have already realized the importance of it,they will surely transform this thought to a very young child.
Looking at this,the government started to spring up some policies to make up something for the poor children,wanna reaturn an amazing childhood to them and allow them put down their stress,but who knows how good will be the effects?
luckygirl9
Silver Member

Postby Guest » Tue Nov 09, 2004 10:27 pm

Not much opinion about this. Just wanted to say that I've found it really cute whenever I see my little nephews are on the computer. The eight-year-old boy has his own yahoo account. :lol: The five-year-old one gets on the computer to play games, same thing for his younger brother.

Postby yuniu » Thu Nov 11, 2004 7:48 am

Because of the world globlization and computerization, children’s horizon are broaden widely. They can easily touch the latest renovations which make them refreshed all the time. Physically they are smarter. However they are programmed like a robot.
yuniu

Postby jasminefu623 » Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:31 am

I think childern nowadays are growing up too fast.
Many of the children now will do illegal think when they are just at the age below 10, such as have sex with others, and may make themselves have baby, as I know, the youngest one have a baby is 12!Also, look at the stars of the "Harry Potter" films, they are just 14-16, but they juat look like 20 something.
So. as a result, I think the children nowadays are growing up too fast.
jasminefu623

really

Postby Rodrigo Klassen » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:25 am

yeah, i agree with this statement.
nowadays, children do many things that i didn't use to do when i was their age. i think it's bad, because they are loosing their chilhood and it'll never come back. many of them will be problematic adults.
there's no space here to write everything i wanted
Rodrigo Klassen

Postby crazyoddygal » Fri Mar 25, 2005 4:24 am

i'm really sorry to hear about the 12-year-old mother :( is it your fault, adults? in Vietnam, we have the same phenomenon like luckygirl9 has said. the children have to learn to take an examination in order to get into the 1st form. what should they learn? they're supposed to learn from the ABC when they attend the 1st class! i can't understand why their parents urge them to study that much seriously. they are children, and they need their childhood. i remember when i was a child, i didn't know what the internet is, or how to use a computer. still i could live very well, with the love of my parents and brother. but look at what's out there. the primary children live almost their time at school, the secondary children spend their time hanging out with friends, they don't meet their parents for whole the day. it's not good, obviously not good.
in the future, when i have children, i won't let them do that way. my children may not be excellent ones, but those ones who have emotions!
ashes to ashes
dust to dust ...
crazyoddygal
Silver Member

Postby authorityquery » Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:12 pm

I don't think it's a good think, because if children grow too fast, many things will change.Growing fast of children is warning people. I can believe that a 10 year-olds boy have true love and maybe have sex with his girlfriend???Terrible.
But inthe other hand I think it good because when children grow up fast they can study everything faster. And they can become a leader though still young. It's good.
In general, everything has two sides(disadvantage and advantage).
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted
authorityquery
Gold Member

My opinion,

Postby Kathfap » Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:55 am

I guess the children are easily involved for adult behaviours. Their parents are the first persons that make possible these changes. The children are like a sponge absorb all. The society are changed quickly, consequently all its members must make the same. I think that many children can't resist the demands of new world. :?
Kathfap

Postby Bambang » Thu Jul 05, 2007 3:07 pm

First of all, we've got to divide it into two categories, physically and mentally.

In my opinion, there is no significant difference between past generations and today's generation in the physical growth.

However, it's really significant the difference of the two in the mental growth. To me, it could be positive or negative. It depends!

If they know too much on something that they shouldn't know, then it's not good. If they do something that they musn't do, then it's even worse. Can you imagine a 11 year old girl has sex with her playmate. What if she gets pregnant. How hard it is for her to be a young mother at that age. She is supposed to be a cute nice girl. This's absolutely negative.

However, it would be a positive thing if they know a lot about technology, such as computer, internet, or the like. The most important thing is how to guide them to the right direction.

authorityquery wrote:...when children grow up fast they can study everything faster. And they can become a leader though still young. It's good.

My friend, there is no correlation between fast growing and potency to be a leader.
:!: :!: :!: [/url][/list][/list][/code][/quote]
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Postby lady » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:12 am

yes of course i believe that because everything change in life they are learning everything on internet they are eat horman nutrients e.t.c
lady

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion