EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do u think elections are the expression of democracy?

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Do u think elections are the expression of democracy?

Postby Tanusik » Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:16 am

Hi everybody! I mean that even when we have the opportunity to vote, there may not be the right candidate. By the way the kind of a person you'd like to see elected let's say president? I'm very interested in your oppinion. Thanks.
Tanusik

Postby luckygirl9 » Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:11 pm

Yeah,sure enough to tell that election is a good expression of democracy,but it cannot always be.As an example for an election in one class,voting for monitor,if you are in good relationship with the candidate,you may tend to vote him!Then,in another side,if the candidate handle well with the classmate while he doesn't do much for class,most students will still select him.
luckygirl9
Silver Member

Postby maryemily » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:46 pm

in Brazil, yes, a democratic but bad used way to choose our governors, but wht do ou think of The American kind of election..... in my opinion, very problematic and less democratic then here's
maryemily
Silver Member

Postby ausea » Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:25 pm

i think election is a good expression of democracy. until now no good method could replace it ,right?
ausea

Postby Dixie » Sun Dec 05, 2004 4:19 pm

... Well, they should be.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Return to Current News