EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: why?

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 15, 2005 10:51 pm

shatha wrote:hi simplyblessedwithlove

why it's unbelievable?? which part you did not believe it exactly ? it's real i swear to God it's all truth .. tell me just tell me what made you say that it's unbelievable i can explain more to you ( i hope :) )

No, thanks!

?

Postby shatha » Sat Jan 15, 2005 11:36 pm

why you are saying that??
Never too old to learn
shatha

Dreams...

Postby Dithzie » Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:22 am

Dreams are just that...dreams. They are just a manifestation of one's subconscious. You dream because your brain is on hyperdrive. It doesn't stop working even if your body is on sleep mode. Sometimes you dream what you want to dream. There are times when you're half-awake you're thinking and dreaming at the same time. What you thought to be dreams are actually your imaginings. The boundary between sleep and reality gets mixed up in your head.

I don't think dreams are prophetic or that they give you warning of what's going to happen in the future. Things happen because they happen. When something happens that we think fits what we have dreamed of, then we assume it's prophetic and that a higher power gave us the ability to predict it through our dream.
Iamwhoam
Dithzie

Postby Honey » Sat Jan 22, 2005 5:58 am

Hi! :wink:

I think dreams do reveal something. Not exactly a prediction of the future, though it can be related to coming events. They're related with our general thoughts. Let's suppose, for instance, you've thought about a car or marriage. Even though those thoughts are not as frequent as you might think, they remain in your subconscius, and they're revealed in your dreams.
When it's a situation you've been living and they manifest as one of the greatest possibilities in these events, people think that the dream was a prediction. :roll:

I just think of dreams as possibilities of our life, experiences and thoughts we contemplate deep inside. No more. :D
Honey
Silver Member

Postby mariposa » Sat Jan 22, 2005 11:31 am

Hi :wink:

Dreams!!! Sometime I go to sleep just to dream ( I know it is strange) I like 2 dream and it is mean alot in my opinion. Therefore, many of our dreams happened and become real. I think that our psychological state affects our dreams largely. For example, sometime you had a nightmare when you are frightened. But sometime my dream means nothing for me specially if I dreamed of someone who I thought about him/her before I sleep and when I get up I say to myself I saw them because I was thinking of them just that :!:

:wink: Sometime I just think about something or someone to see it in my dream.

Thats all :?

mariposa
mariposa
Silver Member

Re: Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Postby EVAngelion » Sat Jan 29, 2005 6:06 am

TP wrote:Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Can you remember your dreams? What was the last dream you had?

Have you ever had a prophetic dream? What was it about? Do you believe that dreams can help us predict the future?

English Checker
    dream: a series of thoughts and images that happens in our mind when we sleep
    prophetic: telling us accurately about something in the future
    predict: state that something will happen in the future

Yeah,I do believe so.
I did have many prophetic dreams,especially when I was very young.Many things shew up in dreams became true afterwards.
And now sometimes I feel very similiar with the place I had never been before,just the first time went there or the people I had never met before,just the frist time to know....
I think destiny has been doomed before I was born...(a little far from our topic though...)
In China,there is a superstition but I don't think it's superstion that children and old people who are going to die could feel something and see some ghost which other people in other ages can't see....When I was young,I always feel I was haunted....even in dreams I often saw many ghost around me and talked about something,I was exteremly scared and had my hair stood on....But this feel doesnot exist when I grow up...Oh,maybe I would feel it later in my later years...
In EVANGELION I Trust...
EVAngelion

dreams are the messages from the future

Postby milvankale » Sun Jan 30, 2005 1:58 pm

yes dreams are the messages from the future.ı believe that.
ın my opinion there are 3 kinds of dreams.
one of them is a message from future. İf you control your mind you will see lots of cases which are came true in your dreams.
second one, in your day life you want and desire somethings very much, you can see it in your dream in the same night.
third one is the utopian ones, you can see them in your all sleep time.
in a normal day people see lots of dreams but you can only remember the last one before you awake.

have nice dreams and try to remember your dreams.
who wants to be my penpals??
come on ı am waiting
milvankale

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion