EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Tea & Coffee

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Tea & Coffee

Postby noha » Thu Feb 10, 2005 9:32 am

What is you opinion of drink tea or coffee more than 2 glass everyday? It's usefull of unusefull? if No, WHY? !!
Best love is home love.
noha
Silver Member

Postby carvy » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:49 am

unusefull because you must often go to the toilette ;-) and
your teeths become a brown colour
carvy

Re: Tea & Coffee

Postby Guest » Thu Feb 10, 2005 10:33 pm

noha wrote:What is you opinion of drink tea or coffee more than 2 glass everyday? It's usefull of unusefull? if No, WHY? !!

It's good to drink tea or coffee because tea contains phytochemicals that help the body fight certain cancers and lower the risk of breast cancer. It can also help to lower your cholesterol level, help with blood pressure, diabetes, lower the risk of heart attack, and help to boost your immune system.
Green, black, Oolong and other types of tea are really good for our health. Two glasses of tea every day are good, but one glass of tea can also do the trick. :wink: I think it's not good to drink more than two glasses of tea a day though. It's because although tea contains antioxidants, it also contains caffeine which is not good for our health.
Coffee, on the other hand, also contains caffeine like tea; however, it doesn't mean it's not good. It's because it contains tannin and antioxidants, which are good for the heart, arteries, liver, gallstones. Thus, one glass of coffee is good. Just don't drink it too much for one day because if you drink too much it can increase nervousness, and cause rapid heartbeat and trembling hands.

Tea or Coffee

Postby thiagohinkel » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:19 pm

I confess that I really like both. I am from Brazil and coffee is a very common and abundant drink around here. People drink it in many different ways, depending on personnal preferences and on local traditions. In my family we use to drink coffee with milk (not cream) or black, usually with sugar. I love having coffee after lunch, it helps me go back to work! However it eventually gives a headache! I don´t know why, but if I drink too much coffee my head starts aching. Is it because of caffeine?
I love having tea during winter. I live in Southern Brazil and it can get really chilly here in the winter. So tea is a good call for those cold days. I like having it with sugar or honey, sometimes with milk. The good thing is that it doesn´t give me that bad headache!
Does anybody have a recipe either ofr coffee or for tea? I would love tro try any international way of consuming these two delicious and historical drinks!
thiagohinkel

Re: Tea or Coffee

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:39 pm

thiagohinkel wrote: Does anybody have a recipe either ofr coffee or for tea? I would love tro try any international way of consuming these two delicious and historical drinks!

Here you go Thia,
For tea:
Chai, minted mango tea, peach-mint green tea, iced ginger tea, thai iced tea, etc.
http://www.better-drinkrecipes.com/tea_recipes.html
http://www.templeofthai.com/thai_iced_tea_coffee_recipes/thai_iced_tea_coffee_recipes.html
For coffee:
Caribbean, float, grog, irish, mediterranean, mocha, mexican, etc.
http://www.robinsfyi.com/food/coffeerecipies.htm

Enjoy your drinks! 8)
Last edited by Guest on Wed May 11, 2005 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Recipes!

Postby thiagohinkel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:11 am

Oh, I really appreciate the recipes. I'm going to try one of them out this weekend. Thanks a lot!
thiagohinkel

Re: Recipes!

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:02 pm

thiagohinkel wrote:Oh, I really appreciate the recipes. I'm going to try one of them out this weekend. Thanks a lot!

Try Chai and Thai iced tea. Those are my fav. because they'll be really delicious when you get used to how to make them. Image

Postby bahrain cat » Wed May 11, 2005 8:19 am

i drink in all a year two cups once.

but the tea in all days morning.
Last edited by bahrain cat on Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
bahrain cat
Silver Member

My Opinoin...

Postby Marwan » Thu May 12, 2005 2:19 pm

What is you opinion of drink tea or coffee more than 2 glass everyday? It's usefull of unusefull? if No, WHY? !!
also in arabic site you will find more articals a bout tea

i'm very happy to write to you Noha .
Marwan

All That gliters is not Gold .
Marwan

Re: My Opinoin...

Postby Guest » Wed May 18, 2005 7:49 pm

Marwan wrote:What is you opinion of drink tea or coffee more than 2 glass everyday? It's usefull of unusefull? if No, WHY? !!

I don't think it would be good to drink more than one glass of coffee or tea per day since they contain caffeine, which is a good thing and also a bad thing for your health. Also, not many people drink tea or coffee without some sugar. If you drink too much coffee or tea, you'll be really hyper because of the sugar.

Next

Return to Food & Fitness