Why do you like English?

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Why do you like English?

Post by Pirate »

Hey all,

Few days ago, a member asked me: "Tell me how to like to learn English". I think this should be a nice discussion.

So, do you like learning English or are you forced to learn it (for your parents' requirement, for job, ... etc)?

If you like it, why? Because you like languages in general or just English?

See ya,
Pirate
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

I like England since I was a child .I don't know the reason .Then I choose English as my major subject and I am very happy that I could speak English.
That is my reason.
_Arale_
ndt7981

Post by ndt7981 »

Hi all,
My country is not an English-speaking country. And I like to learn English because I think it makes me easier to get news, read book, watch TV...
darwen

Re: Why do you like English?

Post by darwen »

Hi everyone,
I think learning English can make me happy.So I like it and have a passion on it.I think it will play a very important role in my life.
Thank you! :wink:
gollum38

Post by gollum38 »

hi !
well, i think there are several reasons. at first, i just love languages...
about english language, i just love hearing english and i love speak it too (even if i'm still very bad). i'm french, and i really love english because, compared to french, it's an "alive" language (does my sentence make any sense ? )well, i mean, it's a happy language, french is so monotonous compared to it.

well, i'm sorry for all my mistakes, :? but i just wanted to say that english is really an enjoyable language to speak. :D
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

gollum38 wrote:hi !
i'm french, and i really love english because, compared to french, it's an "alive" language (does my sentence make any sense ? )well, i mean, it's a happy language, french is so monotonous compared to it.
People often say "living languages" (><"dead languages"), but it's not what you mentioned, isn't it? French is also a living language, and it's not that much monotonous :wink:
compact_me

Why do I like English?

Post by compact_me »

:D I think there are 3 reasons for me to like English. The first one is English can help me to contact to most of people around the world. When I am in another country, I can use English to help me understand anything and communicate to the others. It is very important to communicate with the others when you need some help. Second, English is easy to learn because it has fixed grammars. All you need to do is just remember the vocabulary. If you can speak right vocabulary, no matter how you speak, the others can understand you easily without right grammar. Third one is many countries all around the world, people use English to communicate. Some countries use English as the international language and official language also, so that you can use English wildly. :oops:Mr.Padol Rattanachum
compact_me

I like variety learning

Post by compact_me »

Firstly, I must say I like learning a lot of stuff. For learning languages, it's very interesting me cos I can talk to many people from different parts of the World. In my opinion, to communicate with their languages, it is easily for them to understand what I trying to say! It's fantastic! Secondly, I'll not stop learning language! English is the first language I think it could help for learning others language cos it's a standard language right now...Finally, learning new language is so challenging! I recommend to study some languages. You can first start with the one you like most!

Cheers,
Punch
kimpossible

lovely English

Post by kimpossible »

Hi! :)
I like English because it is a world language. I like learning and speaking also other languages in order to communicate with all in the world..!
Have a very happy new year!
Bye
jank

Post by jank »

Beacause I want to know what Britons are talking about me.
compact_me

Post by compact_me »

ndt7981 wrote:Hi all,
My country is not an English-speaking country. And I like to learn English because I think it makes me easier to get news, read book, watch TV...
-- I agree. Learning English can open up the person’s perception of the world in general. English language can really bridge the global communication and unlock us to the new media. From Mr.Padol Rattanachum Thailand
compact_me

Re: Why do you like English?

Post by compact_me »

darwen wrote:Hi everyone,
I think learning English can make me happy.So I like it and have a passion on it.I think it will play a very important role in my life.
Thank you! :wink:
The numbers of English words are far lesser than those of Japanese and Chinese, yet when rightly combine conveys various feels and styles. It is an amazing feat for a masterful writer to condense the English words that not only carry out the idea of thoughts like a thread, but also stir the sympathetic response in readers. From Mr.Padol Rattanachum Thailand
compact_me

Re: I like variety learning

Post by compact_me »

compact_me wrote:Firstly, I must say I like learning a lot of stuff. For learning languages, it's very interesting me cos I can talk to many people from different parts of the World. In my opinion, to communicate with their languages, it is easily for them to understand what I trying to say! It's fantastic! Secondly, I'll not stop learning language! English is the first language I think it could help for learning others language cos it's a standard language right now...Finally, learning new language is so challenging! I recommend to study some languages. You can first start with the one you like most!

Cheers,
Punch
-- I think the secret of mastering English or anything is your effort that is sustained on the continuous basis. In other words, use English like you are going to live with it. And, of course, any activity that is worthwhile requires continuous effort and hard works. From Mr.Padol Rattanachum Thailand
zhouai

Post by zhouai »

I like English because I want to get a better job,and a good job upgrates your life.In China,English is important to apply for a new position.
Dithzie

Post by Dithzie »

Why do you like English?

Liking has nothing to do with it. It's actually a necessity nowadays. You need to learn it if you want to venture into the crazy, wild world out there and come out successful.
Iamwhoam
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

zhouai wrote:I like English because I want to get a better job,and a good job upgrates your life.In China,English is important to apply for a new position.
Then it's the necessity and the requirement of the society, not something that you like because of itself.
Pirate
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Pirate »

Swanand wrote:Hello online Caption,
Learning English is my hobby. That's the reason why I Like it. I am even thinking of having a degree with English Language.
Umm ... not very clear. It is not that you like English because it is your hobby; actually because you like English, it becomes your hobby!
mariposa

Post by mariposa »

Hi all

I wanted because I want to be bilingual

SIPLY :wink:

hi

Post by bacteria »

I like because I want to read all message my friend sends for me. He always wants to communicate by English to practice the language which he has said everyday. I like that. And I begin learning English as funny! (although my English is bad :D )
We are all born for love...
mercy

Post by mercy »

I like english cuz I want to be able to communicate with my family .. thay all talk english .. but me ..
they live far away from me :cry:

i hope to get what i'm trying to
^עידן^