EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Should Prince Charles marry Camilla Parker-Bowles?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby TalkingPoint » Tue Mar 01, 2005 4:35 pm

Last edited by TalkingPoint on Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

i think it's ok

Postby jone54 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:15 am

i think marrage should be singled out from politics! anybody who gets married because they only can feel happy and satisfacted from the right woman or man.
Diana is a perfect woman, i like her very much. but she is not the right woman for charles.she is so outstanding that charles feel streesed .
on the other hand , the uk is a great nation that full of freedom and humane. i think more and more British will understand charles and wish him best wishes and happiness! after all, Diana left us and as far as her kindness was concerned, i think she will be also looking forwards to the happiness that charles will have.
jone54

Re: i think it's ok

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:48 pm

jone54 wrote:i think marrage should be singled out from politics! anybody who gets married because they only can feel happy and satisfacted from the right woman or man.

Exactly! :wink:

Charles and Camilla

Postby Anin » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:05 pm

Well I think their relationship lasted for so long "ilegally" 8) so now they would only change the form. But it would be OK, im my opinion it is a right step intheir lives.
Hi I am 18 and I would like to change my opinions with you.
Anin

Re: Charles and Camillas marriage

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 02, 2005 3:38 am

karlynn wrote:I will never forget Diana, nor will I forgive Charles and Camilla for what they did to her. She would be alive today if it weren't for them. He should have married Camilla from the start if he loved her. Diana could have had a normal life with a normal family if she hadn't become involved with the "Royal Family".Camilla has the grace and beauty of an old cow! It makes my skin crawl to know that she will have the title H.R.H. I pray to God that there is some old English rule in existence that prohibits the old bag from becoming Queen. They are a mockery of the Crown and I hope Charles never becomes King because he has proven he isn't fit for the title. Please people don't forget Diana and what she stood for. Don't welcome this marriage...if you do then Diana died in vain. She deserves better than that. Diana would have made Charles the greatest King of our time. He was too blind to see that.

I thought she had an affair when she was in another country. Did I read too much tabloid about this? By the way, her death was not his fault. You can't blame that on him. Personally, I don't like any of them. I don't like Diana nor Charles or Camilla. They have a twisted, complicated, and quite boring relationship to me. If I could choose, I would rather read a quite rumor triangle love between Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitts, and Angelina Jolie. They're more fun to read during my spare time. :lol:

JUST MARRIED

Postby Shazzam » Tue Apr 12, 2005 11:48 am

Well for better or for worse, they are married. I don't think it is a tragedy really. They look quite happy. The only concern I think is that Charles is supposed to support the tradition of the Monarchy. That being said, and if his intentions are this; then he really shouldn't take the Throne. This should be handed to William to become the head of the Church of England and the King of England. Im sure Charles would be a great support to him; and no doubt Diana would want her son to be King. Best all round solution in my mind. Time will tell. 8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Re: JUST MARRIED

Postby Guest » Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:38 pm

shazzam1452 wrote:Well for better or for worse, they are married. I don't think it is a tragedy really. They look quite happy. The only concern I think is that Charles is supposed to support the tradition of the Monarchy. That being said, and if his intentions are this; then he really shouldn't take the Throne. This should be handed to William to become the head of the Church of England and the King of England. Im sure Charles would be a great support to him; and no doubt Diana would want her son to be King. Best all round solution in my mind. Time will tell. 8)

Image He's as a king? Still can't picture it in my head. :roll:

Postby sky888walker » Wed Apr 13, 2005 11:01 am

Let them marry and be happy la. No need to neither support nor vote against.

If they believe that they love each other, just let it be. Dont have to bother with their personal life. Many people marry each day but no one bother to discuss. I dont understand why people think this couple important just becoz they are from royal family. I dont see why this marriage is so important.

Simplyblessed, if you cant picture him as a king, please dont worry. I have a bigger problem here. I can not picture why some people has to vote yes or no for a royal marriage.. still dont understand... :?
sky888walker
Silver Member

Postby Guest » Wed Apr 13, 2005 4:35 pm

sky888walker wrote:Let them marry and be happy la. No need to neither support nor vote against.
If they believe that they love each other, just let it be. Dont have to bother with their personal life. Many people marry each day but no one bother to discuss. I dont understand why people think this couple important just becoz they are from royal family. I dont see why this marriage is so important.
Simplyblessed, if you cant picture him as a king, please dont worry. I have a bigger problem here. I can not picture why some people has to vote yes or no for a royal marriage.. still dont understand... :?

Wow.. i cant believe my eyes..

Postby sky888walker » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:26 am

I cant believe my eyes that finally i can make the famous simplyblessed totally speechless with few humble comments from a simple person like me.... loooool

No hard feeling please.. just kidding
sky888walker
Silver Member

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion