EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Young People and Smoking

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby shezgillani » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:49 am

the strategy of making people have a lot of what they want to get rid of has remained of choice not only by common men but also by physicians and psychiatrists. It is an important tool used for behaviour modification. So I agree with those of you who sujjest to make the addicted youngsters continue smoking without pause, no matter how many cigarettes are taken, they shouldnt stop until they feel nauseated. This will be the last day for them to think about smoking without qualms. :lol:
shezgillani

Postby the best » Wed Feb 16, 2005 2:36 pm

i'm very glad to participat in discussion.this is my first message in club.so.smoking is very bad behaviour.and has meny desadvantagous certanly in the body.brain.but.are smoking peaple know that or not?
nearly all peaple smoking are know that!
my advice to these peaple is.
1-do any thing in your wast time to keep yourself working
2-shoulden't think that isn't solution for any problems.so
3-the solution is near you but isn't in cegarettes.
4-you should know that any problem has a high point.so
5-after your pations the problem will go down.
best wishes.
the best

Postby juhaina » Fri Feb 18, 2005 2:14 pm

There are several ways in order to prevent people from smoking and in top of them is the warning messages which can be hung up on every wall of every building whether it is at work, universities, shops, and so on. These must be horrible and frank as it must contain the fatal diseases that smoking may lead to like lung cancer, and tuberculosis and as noha said it must include some pictures of the two lungs (lung of normal person and lung of suffered person). Also, the symptoms of these diseases must be mentioned.

Hope this could be helpful!!!
juhaina

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:17 pm

juhaina wrote:There are several ways in order to prevent people from smoking and in top of them is the warning messages which can be hung up on every wall of every building whether it is at work, universities, shops, and so on. These must be horrible and frank as it must contain the fatal diseases that smoking may lead to like lung cancer, and tuberculosis and as noha said it must include some pictures of the two lungs (lung of normal person and lung of suffered person). Also, the symptoms of these diseases must be mentioned.

Hope this could be helpful!!!

It might get into some young people, I think. It's because advertisement industry is really powerful. If advertisements didn't work, business companies wouldn't spend thousands to millions of money to advertise their products.
I don't know about others, but for me, they sure work. I remember in one summer I saw a posting of some girl was holding her ice cream. It was a hot summer and wherever I went, I would see that posting so I finally ended up buying that ice cream's kind. :lol:

Postby Honey » Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:03 pm

Some people say neither yes nor say NO... They just take the cigarette! And the consequences of smoking aren't unknown.

So I do agree with you: the power of our own will, mind and body is the only progressive cure to break with the habit. :wink:

So say NOOOOOOOO to smoking. :evil:
But say it aloud.

And beat your tongue whenever you feel like smoking. :lol:
Honey
Silver Member

pong

Postby pong366 » Sun Feb 27, 2005 12:39 pm

I think that the teens are affected from the wrong fashions to smoke, want to do something by themselves. They want to be freedom in their life as a result they smoke the cigarettes. However It is the best way to stop young people smoking. We don't control them but we have a good choice in order to solution this problem. I don't smoke, dislike a black smoking because of very bad for health. In this case It was made the cancer very harm and risk to be the disese in lung (cancer). Smoking is not good anyware. Additionally It was made around people to be annoyed for them. I can say that it is worth for themselves. I rarely like when someone is smoking a cigarette I immediately go away because of smell the black smoking. It just my opinions only may be right or wrong. Your kindness should be good for me if you sugest me thank for your ideas to show on this bord. Talk to all later.
pong366

Postby Honey » Fri Mar 04, 2005 7:09 pm

If none of these reasons are relevant for them, at least they should consider the beauty aspect: it spoils your wonderful smile. :mrgreen:
Honey
Silver Member

comprehension of the "I am smoking" fact

Postby natel » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:51 am

I have read all the messages containing the opinions of the members of club about smoking. I don't agree with some of them. One of them: "the family influences a lot on a person". So my parents don't smoke but I do. My cousin's parents smoke and she doesn't. I can find a thread here: I never felt smoke at home so for me to test a cigarette was something new, interested that I have never tasted before. She (my cousin) inhaled smoke since her childhood and she started to hate it inside her mind and she understood by her second ego she would never smoke. So she doesn't smoke now. From this example we can see the influence of the family on the person but it's a negative impact. I can not see any other impact provided by family. I have a good family. My mother is a teacher. When she knew that I smoked she tried to explained me in an understandable way that it is a bad habit. I understood her but I didn't give up smoking. You should understand that everything depends on a person himself. It much more worse when we try to make somebody give up smoking. A person's nature is arranged so that if we make him/her do something he/she will do it conversely. The comprehension of the fact "I should give up smoking" must come itself. The other matter is that it can come too late.
natel

simple solution...

Postby sky888walker » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:39 am

Issue the following regulation:

Everyone can smoke but he/she must use closed helmet whilst smoking and no smoke may leak out until he/she is finished smoking.

Any violation of this rule, should be beaten 100000000 times.

lool
A simple answer using simple words from a simple and humble man
sky888walker
Silver Member

Postby authorityquery » Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:19 pm

Good way sky,
I don't like smoking, It's terrible.
I think the government should make strong laws, ang force people who smoke has to pay for their smoke very expensive price. It's a kind of fee to make the air cleaner, or invent to poor countryside to improve their environment, and also to protect environment.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted
authorityquery
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion