EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Why should we read books?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Why should we read books?

Postby brightsmiles » Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:14 pm

Why should we read books? Have you ever wondered it? When I was a child I read books because I was curious. When I was a pupil, I read books because it was compulsory. Now I read books because it helps me know what the world really is. ;)
brightsmiles
Silver Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:26 pm
Location: next to my wife!!!

Postby lydiaaaaa » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:11 am

brightsmiles :lol:
I totally agree with u that reading books have different reasons during different ages,and i think that books can make us relax ourselves too!!!
User avatar
lydiaaaaa
Silver Member
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2004 7:21 am
Location: Hk

Re: Reading

Postby brightsmiles » Mon May 16, 2005 5:53 am

mywebnet wrote:Reading can help us learn what others find out.


You're right. Books can partially perfect our knowledge, which is unlimited. Learning from each other is the best way :!:
brightsmiles
Silver Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:26 pm
Location: next to my wife!!!

reading books...

Postby real_lord » Mon May 16, 2005 9:47 am

sometimes reading books is just FASHIONABLE. I mean people read this or that because EVERYONE reads it.
As deals me I would like to tell to everyone that Tolkien while writing Lord of The Rings was using Scandinavian mythology and
was fascinated with it.
So I think that we should read books not only for pleasure but also to get know more and more about world and increase our imagination:)
Next year - if I am alive - I would like to go to Sweden.
I mean - to travel there, not to pick up fruits;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_mythology
THANKS FOR READING THIS LETTER:)
real_lord:)
real_lord
 

Re: reading books...

Postby brightsmiles » Tue May 17, 2005 4:36 am

real_lord wrote:sometimes reading books is just FASHIONABLE. I mean people read this or that because EVERYONE reads it.
As deals me I would like to tell to everyone that Tolkien while writing Lord of The Rings was using Scandinavian mythology and
was fascinated with it.
So I think that we should read books not only for pleasure but also to get know more and more about world and increase our imagination:)
Next year - if I am alive - I would like to go to Sweden.
I mean - to travel there, not to pick up fruits;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_mythology
THANKS FOR READING THIS LETTER:)
real_lord:)


You're so right :!: Many people show that they are good at everything. They always update lastest news and information. Actually, however, they might not be interested in books or know nothing, except some big tittles. :mrgreen: They just wanna let others know they are bookish and fashionable. :cross:
Anyway, good luck for your trip to Sweden next year!
brightsmiles
Silver Member
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 3:26 pm
Location: next to my wife!!!

Postby RedRose » Sat May 21, 2005 11:36 am

At the beginning, I read books just because my mom forced me to do it, in my childhood, if I was against my mom's orders, I would be beaten badly.

But gradually, I found reading very interesting. actually, we can have fun through reading plenty of great books.

Having fun is the best reason to read.
RedRose
 

Postby juhainah » Wed Jun 08, 2005 6:30 pm

We read to enrich our mind with knowledge concerning every useful fields
juhainah
Gold Member
 
Posts: 191
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 3:38 pm

Re: Why should we read books?

Postby Dixie » Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:12 am

brightsmiles wrote:Why should we read books? Have you ever wondered it? When I was a child I read books because I was curious. When I was a pupil, I read books because it was compulsory. Now I read books because it helps me know what the world really is. ;)


Reading enriches your mind, as Juhainah said, it helps you open your mind and have a plural vision of the world.

I couldn't live without books!! I always have a book with me. Anytime or another I am always reading something!
User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
 
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Location: Catalunya
Status: English Teacher

Postby Mina » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:57 pm

:D Hi.

Reading is really fun!!! And I agree with Juhainah.
I know some people that don´t like to read and they are not very smart... :lol: .Reading is very important for evey person.No one can say " I know how to read" just because it knows how to pronounce the words while reading.We must interpret the story. So if a person is not used reading, you can say that she/he is illiterate.Why should we read books? We should read them because we like to do it. But for those who don´t like it , I recommend force the habit of reading a little bit
or else They might become senile. :lol:
( I know that everybory here loves reading,but I have friends who don´t like it!! )
bye
User avatar
Mina
Silver Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:20 am
Location: Brazil

Re: Why should we read books?

Postby Lalee » Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:33 am

Dixie wrote:
I couldn't live without books!! I always have a book with me. Anytime or another I am always reading something!


Dix, you are just like me! I loooove books and I can't picture my life without them.
God bless writers!! :wink:
User avatar
Lalee
Rough Diamond Member
 
Posts: 1341
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 2:53 am
Location: Peru

Next

Return to Books & Authors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests