EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Where do dead go?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Where do dead go?

Postby Monster » Sun May 01, 2005 2:06 pm

Hi. Recently I have read in newspaper that some people got calls from their relatives which are dead. This was not the first time when such news appeared. In the beginnig of 20th centure Thomas Edisson himself payed attentition to this. One hundred years later we have many evidenses of these strange cases. So if these cases are true it means we have no idea what we will face after the end of our days on Earth.
Last edited by Monster on Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Monster
Gold Member

Postby authorityquery » Sun May 01, 2005 4:30 pm

I believe in science, maybe it has some strange things here, I don't believe in mysterious things, people can't prove it's right or wrong, all are imaginations of people.
Dead is the end of one's life, no more.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted
authorityquery
Gold Member

Postby Guest » Sun May 01, 2005 5:34 pm

authorityquery wrote:I believe in science, maybe it has some strange things here, I don't believe in mysterious things, people can't prove it's right or wrong, all are imaginations of people.Dead is the end of one's life, no more.
Thanks.

They can't prove it doesn't mean it's not there; however, science has proved that there IS spirit. If death is really the end of one's life and nothing more then it means there'd be no spirit, but there is. Besides, some scientists DO believe in those things and they DO believe in God. It's because science can prove things to become more clear, but it is NOT exact. People in science fields DO make mistakes. After all, scientists are still humans and how much does one human know about this universe?

Postby gill » Mon May 02, 2005 9:46 am

maybe a little OT, but anyway:
some people say they dont know if they believe in GOD. they have to find out. i say i dont know WHAT do i believe in. i have to find out. and i found out: i believe in myself.

so if i saw a ghost i would believe in ghosts...
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity
gill
Silver Member

No it's not

Postby awrang » Mon May 02, 2005 10:44 am

Hello! what a strange! dead does not speak and call anymore when they dead... don't beleive it.
As i am an muslim say from Islam and quran there are Verses that say when someone dead he must be tortured by grave if he dead in Air or in ground or if he burn or die in water he must receive grave torture... do remember you will receive the punishment of your wrong things you done in this world such as Killing a person,drinking wine,adultery, robbery,gambling,eating bears meat,and etc... these acts are all illegal in Quran Sharrif, in this world...these have tortures in grave and in doomday...Remeber do not do these... you will then... sworrowing in grave and their will be no way... anyway dead never speak they may go to hell or haven or under torture in tombs...you will see when you dead...
Awrang Zaib Taraki
awrang
Silver Member

Postby Guest » Mon May 02, 2005 4:41 pm

gill wrote:maybe a little OT, but anyway:
some people say they dont know if they believe in GOD. they have to find out. i say i dont know WHAT do i believe in. i have to find out. and i found out: i believe in myself.

so if i saw a ghost i would believe in ghosts...

Believing in God doesn't need scientific proofs because it's formed by faith. No one needs others to tell what he/she should believe in if it's faith. That's one thing makes religions special--people need faith to believe in their religions; otherwise, they'd be easy to persuade to another religion or maybe worship cows, cats, fire, and so on.
Believing in ghosts may need some proofs to some people, but to me I don't need that because there are unexplained things happen every day to people. Some people when they tell their stories, others think of them as psychos because they haven't seen something like that. My family (not me) has seen stuff done by people from the other world, they told those things so I believe them. Our life is a cycle of life; there is never a beginning or an end of things. Thus, death is not the end of everything--physically yes but not spiritually.

Postby authorityquery » Tue May 03, 2005 1:42 pm

I don't have religion, so I can't believe it.Never if u can prove for me that these re not fancy.
Who knows.
Thanks.
MTV i like most wanted
authorityquery
Gold Member

Postby Guest » Tue May 03, 2005 6:54 pm

authorityquery wrote:I don't have religion, so I can't believe it.Never if u can prove for me that these re not fancy.
Who knows.
Thanks.

Again, if you need proofs to believe in religion then it's not a religion by any definition. Sometimes you have faith in some people, things, and so on without proofs. You don't need proofs for your faith in those things because that's how you feel and no one could persuade you to think otherwise. That's the reason why there are scientists who believe in religions because their job is to prove the existence of something or an end or so on, but when it comes to religions, they believe their religion with FAITH. And that's why they don't need proofs. You can say you don't have a religion or don't believe in religions, but ask yourself deep down one thing: when it comes to the most tragic moment of your life or your beloved ones, would you turn to religion and pray for their safety or you'd act calm and just say everything would be all right??? Try to ask yourself that and don't cheat then you'll know your real feelings.

Postby trieucoo » Fri May 06, 2005 10:12 am

I remembered reading in a book that culture consists of " behavior, attitude,value and belief". Belief means that u believe in something secret and u cant explan the reason why. Scientist have been doing reseach about the field of culture for many years. They havent been able to proved that there is life after dead, but they also proved that there is no life after dead.
Sometimes I have to look down to find happiness
trieucoo

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions