EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

hagandaz

Postby hagandaz » Mon May 02, 2005 4:49 pm

what i mean is that we are a creation of god. its not a question of believes. so we belong to god. this is the root.
try to make everyday the best in your life
hagandaz

Re: hagandaz

Postby Guest » Mon May 02, 2005 5:02 pm

hagandaz wrote:what i mean is that we are a creation of god. its not a question of believes. so we belong to god. this is the root.

Yes, it is not a question of belief because faith doesn't need proofs, but I don't believe in God; I believe in Buddhism and in Buddhism, we believe in evolution. There is no God. We have evolved. I don't believe human beings were made from clays on the ..... day of the week and then brothers and sisters mate with each other so this whole world could become full. Please don't give me that since I'm not that kinda believer. Please don't give me 'we belong to God is not a question of belief, but it's a fact.' As far as I know, the fact shows that we have evolved. No God involved.

hagandaz

Postby hagandaz » Mon May 02, 2005 5:59 pm

god give us brains to think rationally, you can believe or not in god. but i'd like to know what do you think about death, is theire any life after death and how we came to this world, a lot of questions. i found the answers in islam. so i believe in god. i don't wanna cause a religion dispute but we should think together and try to find the answers : yours with mines.
try to make everyday the best in your life
hagandaz

Postby leen@rasel » Wed May 04, 2005 8:44 pm

I dont think that people have the right to choose if they want to die because we were asked if we want to be humans or if we want to live we were created by God we live because he wants that and we die if he wanted to
leen@rasel
Gold Member

Postby leen@rasel » Wed May 04, 2005 8:47 pm

leen@rasel wrote:I dont think that people have the right to choose if they want to die because we were not asked if we want to be humans or if we want to live we were created by God we live because he wants that and we die if he wanted to
leen@rasel
Gold Member

Postby visali » Thu May 05, 2005 1:49 am

Absolutely they have no right to die themselves at thier wish.
Afterall, we all are living in a society.
Suicide will send danger signals to society and the people in the same state or circumstances can be inspired by that act.
The action, whatever it is, must do with the permission of Constitution of his country.
visali
Gold Member

I Dont Agree

Postby Pearla » Sat May 07, 2005 8:21 am

I think God gave us the right to live for a wisdom that he know it, so i think he's the only one who can take our souls and pass us away, so no one can really end his life by himselfe and say it's my right i dont want to live. ok, who gave you this right to live ? it's God, or it was possible for him to pass you away at the minute you born, but he didn't because he planned something for you and give you chance to live to serve the humanity and the earth. personally, i think those who say that they have the right to end their life are sick people who need help with my respect of course to all who disagree with me. but let us think about it, why someone will think to end his life?
he must facing difficulties in his life that he thinks it's impossible to be solved.

then there is another point we should shed the light to it, when they die themselves they are hurting those people who care about them and need them.

i think we should not be selfish and life is a good gift from God, that we should know how to invest it the right investment in what benefit the humanity.
Pearla

Re: I Dont Agree

Postby Guest » Sat May 07, 2005 8:39 am

Pearla wrote:

I think God gave us the right to live for a wisdom that he know it, so i think he's the only one who can take our souls and pass us away, so no one can really end his life by himselfe and say it's my right i dont want to live. ok, who gave you this right to live ? it's God, or it was possible for him to pass you away at the minute you born, but he didn't because he planned something for you and give you chance to live to serve the humanity and the earth. personally, i think those who say that they have the right to end their life are sick people who need help with my respect of course to all who disagree with me. but let us think about it, why someone will think to end his life?

Let me tell you what is sick to me. It's sick to me when my parents gave me life and some people knock on my door telling me to believe in God because he/she gave me life. To me it's the most nonsense I have ever heard. I do not believe in God so don't throw "God gives you life" in my face because I will spit it back at ya. I've read religion books and those have sicken me to the bones. It's because of the ~ in their pages. That's why non-religious people make fun of religions by calling their violence as 'holy wars' If you look at the words then you'll understand. Holy and wars are too opposite things. If there is holy, there is no wars because holy is supposed to mean angelic, blessed, clean, faultless, glorified, or spiritual; on the other hand, wars mean bloodshed, fighting, hostilities, killing, fighting, combat, etc. Those two words is a mockery to those who say they're religious, but then go ahead and kill other people. Bunch of hypocrites, I must say.
So if you think people who don't wanna bother others because they know there is no cure to help them or whatever reason to end their life are sick, you should reconsider about people who say 'God bless you' or 'Bless your heart' blah blah blah but do the opposite things to what they say. Those are sick people to me, PERIOD. :evil:

Postby Shazzam » Tue May 17, 2005 6:26 am

[ 'holy wars' If you look at the words then you'll understand. Holy and wars are too opposite things. If there is holy, there is no wars because holy is supposed to mean angelic, blessed, clean, faultless, glorified, or spiritual; on the other hand, wars mean bloodshed, fighting, hostilities, killing, fighting, combat, etc. Those two words and kill other people. Bunch of hypocrites, I must say.
So if you think people who don't wanna bother others because they know there is no cure to help them or whatever reason to end their life are sick, you should reconsider about people who say 'God bless you' or 'Bless your heart' blah blah blah but do the opposite things to what they say. Those are sick people to me, PERIOD. :evil:[/quote]

My goodness this debate has certainly gone off the rails. How and why does religion come into it with such venem. I mean my goodness. We all have rights! Including freedom of speech without judgment.

Sorry! Maybe I shouldn't express my opinion.
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Guest » Tue May 17, 2005 6:45 am

shazzam1452 wrote: My goodness this debate has certainly gone off the rails. How and why does religion come into it with such venem. I mean my goodness. We all have rights! Including freedom of speech without judgment.

Sorry! Maybe I shouldn't express my opinion.

Are you saying that to people who have said 'God gives me life so he should end it and not anyone'???????

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion