Vegetarian diet???

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

Strawberry

Vegetarian diet???

Post by Strawberry »

What are the benefits of a vegetarian diet, please?

Re: Vegetarian diet???

Post by member »

vegetarians diets are ,I think vegetables and all fruits.....
lemon

Post by lemon »

I think some people's bodies just can't consume heavy food as meat properly. So vegetarian diet helps you to feel well.
Monyk

diet

Post by Monyk »

In my opinion vegetarian diet is not for everybody we first should contact with our doctor to consult our body condition and discuss about diet proper for as. I tried to be vegetariam for about tree mounth, after this period it turn out that my died was to less in proteins. I started to have problems with my bones, spine, and eventually nerves. That was right time to go to doctor but for me was to late
waheed

Post by waheed »

Strawberry wrote:What are the benefits of a vegetarian diet, please?
ruizhu

what are the benefits of vegetarian diet?

Post by ruizhu »

I want to know what is the accurate means of vegetarian diet? Is it the diet only consists of vegetables without any other foods even fruits or beans, not mention to meat or the fat of any animals. If so, that will be no benefits for health. By the way that all sorts of beans are very good diet for health. DOU FU are not only the favorite food for chinese or japanese but may be good diet for more people all over the world.

Post by Guest »

[quote="Strawberry"]What are the benefits of a vegetarian diet, please?[/quote] :D :lol: :D
Erica

maybe it doesn't work.

Post by Erica »

In my eyes, losing weight doesn't mean depending what you eat,
if you're on diet when doing it, you may have a deep desire to eat more,
it'll harm your result. Of course, if you don't want to lose weight, I don't think having a diet is good for you coz vegetarian diet mean fruits and vegetables, if you're a strict vegetarian, you won't allow yourself to eat eggs and drink milk.
karen Liao

Vegetarian diet

Post by karen Liao »

[/b]
I have been an vegetarian for more than ten years. For me, it's a very healty diet. I feel more vibrant than I used to be. If you take enough nutrition and eat properly, I think it doesn't cause damage to your body.
I also eat eggs and drink milk, because they can supply some nutrition which can't be found on vegetables and fruits. I also think beans are a good sourece of proteins, so you don't need to worry about the lack of proteins. If you think vegetarianism will lead to malnutrition, you may need to think again. Actually , plants have more beneficial ingredients than meats do. However, meats cover lots of poisonous elements that may cause severe disease. Besides, those poison will stay within your body and influence your body little bv little. To those who are afrid of taking their first step into vegetarianism, I hope you can experience the benefits of vegetarian bring to your body as I do. :D
ruizhu

Re: Vegetarian diet

Post by ruizhu »

[You have been making a good experiences. I appreciated it very much. but I can not practice as you quote="karen Liao"][/b]
I have been an vegetarian for more than ten years. For me, it's a very healty diet. I feel more vibrant than I used to be. If you take enough nutrition and eat properly, I think it doesn't cause damage to your body.
I also eat eggs and drink milk, because they can supply some nutrition which can't be found on vegetables and fruits. I also think beans are a good sourece of proteins, so you don't need to worry about the lack of proteins. If you think vegetarianism will lead to malnutrition, you may need to think again. Actually , plants have more beneficial ingredients than meats do. However, meats cover lots of poisonous elements that may cause severe disease. Besides, those poison will stay within your body and influence your body little bv little. To those who are afrid of taking their first step into vegetarianism, I hope you can experience the benefits of vegetarian bring to your body as I do. :D [/quote]
Luis

Post by Luis »

In my opinion a strict vegetarian diet has no benefits, on the contrary is not healthy. One of the most important things in human diet is the vast variety of different kind of foods, that we can eat. This fact is easy to point out when we were ill, and doctors advice us not to eat some food, the reduction of the choice of the food provoke that your diet became boring. One of the advantages of not eating animal food, it is that your cholesterol levels do not be increased, and this is good for your heart, because it is difficult to suffer from a collapse, on the other hand animal food bring to you vitamins, essential oils and other nutrients very important for the development of your body.
lilli

Vegetarian diet

Post by lilli »

Hi,
I think that vegetarian diet is not very good because in meat, poultry and other food from animals are useful for our life and our body.
laura adyeni

Post by laura adyeni »

Anonymous wrote:
:D :lol: :D
I think going strictly vegetarian does not prove healthy in the long run. of course thousands of people have turned to vegetarianism claiming among many other things that vegetarians don't have to srtuggle with weight issues, which is a huge plus in this anorexia-bullimia era where almost everyone is trying to look their best, and where almost everyone fails. having taken care of the weight issue, vegetarians also claim that people who don't eat meat tend to suffer less stress, they sort of munch their way through life, taking life in stride. my personal opinion might be shadowed by all this, but the fact is that i've known people who not only have become vegetarians, they have gone to the extremes of eating only raw veggies, imagin that, i bet you can hear their stomach growling all the way to Texas, and imagine how their teeth suffer from all that grinding. let alone their physical appearence, all washed out, and pale, faint as a withered flower. by the way, you don't suppose vegetarians have lost their sexual appetite as well, do you? well, anyway...

Now, you see, nobody can argue this; Meat is delicious, period.
It makes for variety, why would anyone want to turn down a scrumptuous big mac or a juicy wellington. vegetarians proudly sit at a retaurant table and order their wierd-looking salads while permanently drooling over your t-bone, i'm sure youv'e noticed it uh?
Arale
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Arale »

Vegetarian diet may understand as a dietary meal or the meal of a monk/nun.Which one do you refer to then? :wink:

_Arale_
nammm

Post by nammm »

I dont think that there is any disadavantage to have vegetarian diet,and it is quite good!!Some people think that vegetarian can not get nutrients as much as much other people eating meat but it isnt.Soya bean is good choice to replace the nutrients in meat,so vegetarian can also have enough intake of different nutrients.

Re: what are the benefits of vegetarian diet?

Post by Guest »

ruizhu wrote:I want to know what is the accurate means of vegetarian diet? Is it the diet only consists of vegetables without any other foods even fruits or beans, not mention to meat or the fat of any animals.
There are three types of vegetarians: lacto-vegetarians, strict vegetarians, and partial vegetarians. There are several differences between those three types of vegetarians. For lacto-vegetarians, their diet includes milk and other dairy products. For vegans, or strict vegetarians, they don't consume animal flesh (meat, poultry, fish and seafood), animal products (eggs, dairy and honey), and the wearing and use of animal products (eg. leather, silk, wool, lanolin, gelatin). Their diet consists totally of vegetables, vegetable oils, and seeds.
For partial vegetarians, their diet consists some groups of animal foods but not others; this is mostly based on religious point of view.

Post by Guest »

Being a vegetarian is a personal choice such as thinking of killing animals is inhumane (ethical belief), religious belief, health, etc. If one thinks being a vegetarian would help him/her lose weight or look better then that person should rethink how to plan his/her diet. It's because as with any diet, vegetarians should have a diverse and well-planned diet for optimal health, consuming the right amount of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, etc. on the food pyramid.

Post by Guest »

Arale wrote:Vegetarian diet may understand as a dietary meal or the meal of a monk/nun.Which one do you refer to then? :wink:

_Arale_
"A belief that continues in Theravada Buddhism from its Vedic roots is that the killing of larger animals results in more bad karma than that of smaller ones, so it would be less bad to kill a chicken than a cow. This is due to the greater intention and effort required to kill the larger animal. Furthermore, fish are considered of lesser importance than mammals.

In the modern Buddhist world, attitudes toward vegetarianism vary by location. In China and Vietnam, monks typically eat no meat (and with other restrictions as well – see Buddhist cuisine). In Japan or Korea some schools do not eat meat, while most do. Theravadans in Sri Lanka and Southeast Asia do not practice vegetarianism. All Buddhists however, including monks, are allowed to practice vegetarianism if they wish to do so."

(wikipedia.com)

Post by Guest »

laura adyeni wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
:D :lol: :D

Now, you see, nobody can argue this; Meat is delicious, period.
It makes for variety, why would anyone want to turn down a scrumptuous big mac or a juicy wellington.
vegetarians proudly sit at a retaurant table and order their wierd-looking salads while permanently drooling over your t-bone, i'm sure youv'e noticed it uh?
A person who thinks killing other animals is inhumane would argue about this. :roll:

Re: Vegetarian diet

Post by Guest »

lilli wrote:Hi,
I think that vegetarian diet is not very good because in meat, poultry and other food from animals are useful for our life and our body.
Scientists have proved that,
"Vegetarians have lower rates of obesity, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, large bowel disorders, cancers and gallstones." - British_Medical_Association

"Vegetarians often live longer and suffer less from several chronic diseases." - ADA

"Vegetarians have half to three-quarters the risk of dying of heart disease compared to non-vegetarians." - PCRM

"Cancer rates among vegetarians are 25-50 per cent less than non-vegetarians." - PCRM

"Hypertension (high blood pressure) in vegetarians is one third to one half that of meat eaters." - PCRM

"Diabetes is much less likely to be a cause of death in vegetarians" - ADA

"Vegetarians have a much lower incidence of Caesarean section." - PCRM

"95 per cent of all food poisoning comes from meat and animal products" - British Medical Association

(wikipedia.com)
monsterZZZ

Post by monsterZZZ »

Vegetarian food made me look like vegetable.I really cant live without meat and chicken
Ordina_Lavender

???

Post by Ordina_Lavender »

Vegetarian means not eating meat, isn't it?So how to get the protein?could you explain to me..?I'm confuse :oops:

Re: ???

Post by Guest »

Ordina_Lavender wrote:Vegetarian means not eating meat, isn't it?So how to get the protein?could you explain to me..?I'm confuse :oops:
From soys and other stuff that carry proteins.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

extremism is never good.
Ordina_Lavender

I never think of that

From soys and other stuff that carry proteins.
Yes, you're right..I never think of that..he he.. :lol: :lol:
I like soys drinks very much...my mother always prepare it at home.hmmmmmmmm

Re: I never think of that

Post by Guest »

Ordina_Lavender wrote: Yes, you're right..I never think of that..he he.. :lol: :lol:
I like soys drinks very much...my mother always prepare it at home.hmmmmmmmm
Yeah, that's the only kinda milk drink that I can drink because I'm lactose-intolerant.
Ordina_Lavender

?

So, vegetarian cannot eat fish?
They just eat vegetables and fruits?
Last edited by Ordina_Lavender on Sun May 08, 2005 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
birds

Health

Post by birds »

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
:) Vegetables in genral have many benefites.The most important benefite is that the vegetables provide our bodies with minerals and vitamin that we need.But the side of vegetrain diet you can find the answers of your questoins through a nutritionist expert of food especially of vegetable. :roll:
thank you
Last edited by birds on Tue May 10, 2005 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ordina_Lavender

fertilizer

Yesss..
But we have to be careful with the fertilizer that the farmer use to grow the vegetables..
we have to wash them properly...

Re: ?

Post by Guest »

Ordina_Lavender wrote:So, vegetarian cannot eat fish?
They just eat vegetables and fruits?
It depends on what type of vegetarian you are. If you're strictly vegetarian, you don't eat meats, fish or anything is animal-producted.
Ordina_Lavender

diet

Hmm..that's good for diet..as long as it's balance..
Meat contains so many bacteria...so have to cook properly...
I like vegetables diet..instead of eating so much carbohidrat and fat..vegetables cannot makes us fat...that's why I like..
I can control my weight..
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Those strictly vegetarians are just fools, who ton't care about own health.

Well I can understand those peoples who don't want eat meat... example I don't will eat dog meat...

Post by Guest »

Hardi wrote:Those strictly vegetarians are just fools, who ton't care about own health.

Well I can understand those peoples who don't want eat meat... example I don't will eat dog meat...
They have their own ways to maintain their health. If it's not healthy then not many people would become strictly vegetarians.
Those people have their dream to protect animal's rights. Killing animals for food or products is not something on their list they'd like to live in their lives. It's because they have their own dream to protect animals, they are fools? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Last edited by Guest on Mon May 09, 2005 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Well yes... Humans are not grass-eaters. And how then about vegetables? Vegetables are living things to.

I think all extremists are fools.. but yet necessary for mankind.

Post by Guest »

Hardi wrote:Well yes... Humans are not grass-eaters. And how then about vegetables? Vegetables are living things to.
I think all extremists are fools.. but yet necessary for mankind.
Yes, they are living things when they are not yet dead plants; however, the 'living' ability we're talking about here is totally different than the living ability of an animal. Animals have blood; therefore, they can feel the pain and respond to the pain. Try to kill an animal and see if it doesn't scream :roll: .
Animals need food that are not just sunlight, carbons, oxygen, fertilizer, etc to live. Try to intake all that stuff like plants and see if animals could live. Thus, plants are okay to eat, but not animals. It's your choice to eat animals; however, don't call people who have dream to sanitize this Earth out of killing animals are fools.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

:evil: :evil: Ok. Evryone who have brain and can think, can understand that only fool here are I, not those vegetarians. But if I will say that some one is fool, then I do it, so or so.

btw. I have lived/worked in farm and I know enough about killing animals. Well I don't have killed them my self.. I cant do it. but I have holded sheep in, that she can't move, I sited on her head.. believe It was not pleasant for me. The sheep not screamed but...

But I dont want be near of killing pig, because pig usually screming( probably it depends of butcher professionalism).

Humans are the worsest predators in the world, they feeds and lowes own animals and then they kill them.

btw. btw. do vegetarians can use clothes made of wool.

Post by Guest »

Hardi wrote: :evil: :evil: Ok. Evryone who have brain and can think, can understand that only fool here are I, not those vegetarians. But if I will say that some one is fool, then I do it, so or so.

btw. I have lived/worked in farm and I know enough about killing animals. Well I don't have killed them my self.. I cant do it. but I have holded sheep in, that she can't move, I sited on her head.. believe It was not pleasant for me. The sheep not screamed but...
:cry: poor sheep....
Hardi wrote:btw. btw. do vegetarians can use clothes made of wool.
Are silk, cotton and other types of cloth materials from animals? :roll: :roll: :roll:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

not cotton. but if silkworm is animal then silk is from animals. wool is usually from sheep.

Post by Guest »

Hardi wrote:not cotton. but if silkworm is animal then silk is from animals. wool is usually from sheep.
I don't think you get the meaning of no animal products. Leather or coats that made from skin of animals are two obvious examples of animal products.
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

but if you cant drink milk, then how you can use clothes made off woof? It's excactly same, you exploit aimals.

Post by Guest »

Hardi wrote:but if you cant drink milk, then how you can use clothes made off woof? It's excactly same, you exploit aimals.
According to wikipedia,
"Different practices of vegetarianism include:

Vegetarians who avoid consuming all animal products (such as eggs, milk, cheese, and honey)are commonly called vegans, though some reserve this term for those who additionally avoid usage of all kinds of animal products (such as leather and some cosmetics), rather than just food. ......."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vegetarian

Post by Guest »

Hardi,
I was reading the real definition of vegan at wikipedia and it said that vegans don't use animals products including silk and wool. So, I went to look for information of how to make silk to understand why they avoid to use silk. And to my disappointment, the silkworms are killed while they're still in their coccoons so they would not destroy the coccoons after getting out to be silkworm moths :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: . I never knew this information before. All my life I thought they made coccoons which would become silk later and then died. Now a new make sense information why vegans avoid to use silk to me.
About wool, I still don't understand why they don't use it, though. I've checked around and found nothing of sheep are being killed to make wool. Maybe, to make wool material, people have to raise sheep; therefore, sheep are not treated with care and stuff???? :? I don't know...........
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

probably they worry that sheeps get catch cold, when they are shaved.

Post by Guest »

Hardi wrote:probably they worry that sheeps get catch cold, when they are shaved.
Are you trying to be funny or you're really serious because I've found this hilarious. Is that ok to laugh? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Is there any different? Actually I not thinked anything. But I wondering why u find it hilarious.

Post by Guest »

Hardi wrote:probably they worry that sheeps get catch cold, when they are shaved.
You didn't find that funny? Well, I did. :mrgreen:
Hardi
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Hardi »

Yes it's little funny.
Ordina_Lavender

Hardi and the sheep sheep...

Can I join laughing ?Hahahhhahahaha...
How can you imagine that?I think, maybe because the wool is made from animal and that's why they avoid the usage of the wool..or maybe it just like what you've said..Heeheee...You are funny friend..I'll be fat if I laugh everyday..so i have to take vegetarian diet to make me slim again..

Re: Hardi and the sheep sheep...

Post by Guest »

Ordina_Lavender wrote:Can I join laughing ?Hahahhhahahaha...
How can you imagine that?I think, maybe because the wool is made from animal and that's why they avoid the usage of the wool..or maybe it just like what you've said..Heeheee...You are funny friend..I'll be fat if I laugh everyday..so i have to take vegetarian diet to make me slim again..
Heheheheheh too much laughing doesn't make you fat, too much meat does. Laughing retains your youth as much as possible. According to wikipedia about laughing,

"Laughter is a part of human behavior regulated by the brain. It helps humans clarify their intentions in social interaction and provides an emotional context to our conversations. Laughter is used as a signal for being part of a group — it signals acceptance and positive interactions. Laughter is contagious; often laughter alone will provoke laughter from others. This in part may account for the popularity of laugh tracks in situation comedy television shows. A particularly dramatic demonstration of contagious laughter was the Tanganyikan laughter epidemic, which also demonstrated that laughter can often be difficult to control and can occur, unpleasantly, when people are severely stressed.

Certain medical theories attribute improved health and well-being to laughter as it triggers the release of endorphins. A study demonstrated neuroendocrine and stress-related hormones decreased during episodes of laughter, which provides support for the claim that humor can relieve stress."

You can check the whole article here, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laugh
So laugh and try to be a vegetarian more :mrgreen: . I wonder if for just one day the whole world stopped killing animals, how many animals we would have saved???