EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

In 60 years, cars will be history.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby TalkingPoint » Sat May 07, 2005 9:00 am

Will we use cars 60 years from now? Cars, motorcycles, trucks, buses... Will they all be ancient history? Maybe we'll be using airplanes to go shopping, or teletransporters, or... Who knows? Maybe we'll still be using the car. What do you think?
Last edited by TalkingPoint on Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

Postby Guest » Sun May 08, 2005 9:45 pm

Well I hope we'll still be using cars since airplanes are too big. Even the personal airplanes are still big and they take up a lot of spots. I hope we'll be using the solar power or vegetable oils as fuel sources.

Postby Hardi » Mon May 09, 2005 9:54 am

I hope peoples will walking more, and driving with bicykles.

About flyng cars, or personal planes.. I hope not! Imagine that near of your house, is some highways in air.. that means that you don't have any privacy, even on 80 storey.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Guest » Mon May 09, 2005 5:51 pm

Hardi wrote:I hope peoples will walking more, and driving with bicykles.
About flyng cars, or personal planes.. I hope not! Imagine that near of your house, is some highways in air.. that means that you don't have any privacy, even on 80 storey.

Count me out! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby Hardi » Mon May 09, 2005 6:23 pm

No!

I hate cars. I like to drive with bicykle and cars really boring me.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Guest » Mon May 09, 2005 6:58 pm

Hardi wrote:No!

I hate cars. I like to drive with bicykle and cars really boring me.

Without cars, you can't go to places that are far, places that require two or more hours driving by car. If you have to bike, when are you gonna get there? Next day, next week, or next month? Definitely count me out if we have to bike to those far places.

Postby Hardi » Mon May 09, 2005 8:40 pm

Ok. But only if you use hybridcar. and fuel made of vegetable oils. btw. diesel fuel, that is made of vegetable oil, is good for your car engine... well actually power is weaker, but greasing is much better.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Guest » Mon May 09, 2005 9:13 pm

Hardi wrote:Ok. But only if you use hybridcar. and fuel made of vegetable oils. btw. diesel fuel, that is made of vegetable oil, is good for your car engine... well actually power is weaker, but greasing is much better.

:!??!?!: Oh yeah? I did not know that.

Postby Coolfish » Tue May 10, 2005 6:43 am

It doesn't matter that cars will be history or not, because I think human will find another vehicle. It all depends on the power we used.

In other words, if the power that cars used will run out in the future, human must find another kind of "cars".
Coolfish
Silver Member

Postby the best » Tue May 10, 2005 8:32 am

Hi.
for cars i'd like to say that the food (oil) of them gonna end.so we oblige to find other food (sun power).or,we returne to horses.( i advice you to learne how to ride on) ;)
the best

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion